15 ~ 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

Wednesday

Rooted in my place, I found myself standing in a murky, obsidian-black room. I couldn't see anything through the darkness, however I could faintly hear a high-pitched shrill in the distance. 

"AHHHHHHH!"

"THINK OF GABRIELLA!"

Compelled by an unseen force, I moved forward after hearing my name - my footsteps echoing softly on the cold floor.

"STOP IT! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO HER!"

In the distance, I saw a flicker of light peeking through the crack in the doorway. Drawn by the glow, I followed the light until I reached the doorway. I cracked the door open and recognised the hallway as the one in my own home. 

The sudden, piercing shrieks continued to echo through the hallway, reverberating off of the walls. My heart skipped a beat as the sound grew louder. It was distant yet unmistakeable, a cry of anguish and desperation.

"PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS TO ME! DON'T DO THIS TO HER! PLEASE!"

The urgency was loud and clear. I followed the sound down the stairs, my pace quickening. The shadows danced on the walls as I hurried through the corridors with fear and curiosity. 

"STOP IT!"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN DAUGHTER?"

I paused at the front of the kitchen door - the source of all the commotion. I reached out to the kitchen door, my fingers pushing against the scratched, painted wood and...

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I jolted awake with a start, my heart was racing speedily. I lay in bed, the early morning light creeping through my window, the remnants of the dream fading like mist. But the woman's words echoed in my mind: "How could you do this to your own daughter?"

 The echoes of the dream faded, but the sense of dread lingered, and the shrieking sound still reverberated in my mind.

I sat up, my breathing ragged, my skin clammy. I glanced around my bedroom, grounding myself in the reality of the morning. The dream had been so vivid, so real. The memory of the shrieking sound sent a shiver down my spine. I couldn't shake the feeling that the dream was trying to tell me something, something important. But what? And who was this mysterious woman?

The more I started to grow older, the more detailed my dreams became and the more realistic and scary they would feel - almost like a memory.

I laid in bed, attempting to decipher my dream; however, the longer I lay there, the more it slipped through my fingers like grains of sand. The evocative voices and intense emotions started to blur, dissolving into a foggy haze. Frustration mounted as I tried to hold onto the wisps of memory, but they evaporated, leaving me with an unsettling emptiness and a lingering question: What did it all mean?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Agitatedly, I threw my arm out, smacking the alarm clock (for the second time) with more force than necessary. The noise ceased instantly, but my irritation lingered as I tossed off the covers and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

Rushing to my bathroom, I speedily showered and quickly got ready for college once realising that I was going to be late. Throwing on a random jumper and my headphones, I rushed out of my bedroom door and down the stairs. I looked to the left (into my living room) and to the right (into my kitchen) in search for my dad but couldn't find him - as per usual. Ignoring the very familiar feeling of loneliness, I ran out of my house and sped on my way to campus.