Chapter 1

Rachel's alarm went off, and she hit the snooze button. She groaned before stretching and letting out a big yawn to show her Hellhound fangs. She sat up on her bed and got up to go to the bathroom. She washed her face and looked at herself in the mirror. She had white fur with small areas that were black fur. Her long layered hair was black with red highlights that were as red as her eyes – the ends of her white tail were red. Her upper left arm was covered with tribal and watercolor tattoos, including a raven tattoo on her left shoulder. Inside her right forearm was a tattoo of a dagger with the blade stabbing through a skull.

Being a bounty hunter and assassin kept her in good athletic shape. Plus, being a Hellhound made her stronger than humans, so work on the surface was easy. She looked at the Polaroid photo of her and her little sister, Loona – it was taken a long time ago when they were both kids. Every day, she wished that she was with her. Rachel kept hoping that one day, she'd die in combat so that she could be with Loona. Her heart ached every time she looked at the photo.

Then her phone buzzed with a text. She looked to see that she had received her next list of targets to kill from the Grimms' HQ. Rachel got dressed in her black T-shirt, dark blue slim-fit jeans, black leather motorcycle jacket, and black knee-high combat boots. She also had her black collar with metal spikes and a dragon pendant of her favorite dragon – the Redeye Blackthorn.

She geared up in her personal arsenal of weapons. Since it was a lot of them, she loaded up on extra guns, including her holy shotgun, which looked almost exactly like the one in the movie Constantine, except it was slightly bigger with a buttstock made of red mahogany wood. Like the one in the movie, it was gold plated with fancy religious engravings all over it, a cross iron sight at the end of the barrel, a flashlight on the bottom instead of the top and a chrome drum mag.

Rachel also got her custom Heckler & Koch USP Match with compensator and extended magazines loaded with heavy-duty 45 ACP ammo. The frame and compensator were black, while the slide and trigger had a matte finish. She also took her custom Taurus Raging Judge revolver with a 6.5-inch barrel. The frame and barrel were black, but the cylinder, trigger, and sights were matte finish – on the cylinder were black wolf paw prints. They all went into her infinite cube.

Rachel found it incredibly convenient that such an item existed – to be able to store an infinite amount of stuff and to carry it with you wherever you go. She didn't mind that it looked a lot like the Hypercube from Jimmy Neutron.

Once Rachel was loaded up and ready, she did what she always did before leaving the apartment. She looked at the Polaroid photo again and stared at it for a long while before leaving. It was late at night, and there was hardly anyone on the streets, so she didn't bother to put on her human disguise. She drove to the target area, which was an abandoned hotel.

The targets were a group of demons known as the CCC, the Cannibal Carnage Club, a group of demons that go up to the surface, murder humans, and eat them. Rachel pulled out a spell book that had the Grimm's insignia on it with some glowing symbols on it. She cast a dome spell that sealed the entire place off. No one was getting in or out, including noise, and no one could see through its camouflage pattern. Then she pulled out all her weapons from her infinity cube. Her holy shotgun, H&K USP Match, her Taurus Raging Judge revolver, and all the heavy-duty ammo – including her bowie knife as well.

The hotel was old and filthy, had broken furniture everywhere, and parts of it were falling apart. Rachel entered inside and followed the blood trails and the crunching/munching sounds until she found a large room where ogre and troll demons were eating humans. They were mostly armed with blunt weapons – no firearms, at least none that she could see. Rachel threw a flashbang and that stunned the demons for her to shoot them. Each blast with her holy ammo sent them flying while bursting into white flames. For those that were close, Rachel hit them with the shotgun or broke their faces with a punch or kick. She grabbed one ogre demon by the back of the head, smashed him onto the floor, and then blew his brains out with her shotgun. She punched one troll in the gut, kneed him in the face, and then Roundhouse kicked him in the face, making him spin in the air before she shot him.