Chapter 5

Charlie and Vaggie had a room in the hotel set up to serve as a classroom for Mikey so that he could be adequately home-schooled. They had a whiteboard with markers, paper, pencils, and other school supplies for Mikey and those teaching him. John taught Mikey reading and writing, Mimzy covered math, and Eddy covered American and world history. To their surprise, Mikey was a fast learner, so it wasn't hard for him to learn. Mikey got used to being around demons. He still thought they were scary-looking, but he wasn't all that scared of them.

Charlie and Vaggie grew fond of Mikey, and he grew close to them. He even showed them his favorite comic and cartoon show, Alan Quasar & Rigel Rocket.

"Alan Quasar & Rigel Rocket?" Vaggie asked, looking at the comic book cover.

"Yeah. Alan's a superhero who fights evil in outer space with his sidekick, Rigel Rocket," Mikey said.

"Like Buzz Lightyear?"

"Sort of, but with more and cooler space weapons and gadgets. Plus, there's a ton of more action. It's really cool!" Mikey said.

Mikey had a box set of blue-ray DVDs of the first five seasons. Charlie and Vaggie lay in bed with Mikey curled up and watched together. Mikey had his Quasar t-shirt on. He was right; it was entertaining. Alan and Rigel worked together fighting evil aliens and robots. They fought alongside good aliens fighting to protect their home worlds. The animation was superb and colorful.

"How are our guests at teaching Mikey?" Vaggie asked.

"They're great. They're very supportive and making sure Mikey learns what they're teaching him," Charlie answered.

Then Cody arrived at the hotel with Loona, Rachel, and Slade. It was late in the afternoon, and the bright sun was shining through the windows, casting brilliant, broken light rays inside. Crymini was the first to see them. As security for the hotel, she kept watch to keep the place safe from outside threats and dangers. Razzle greeted them at the door to let them in, while Dazzle went to inform Charlie and Vaggie they had friends who had arrived.

Loona and Crymini hugged each other, and then Crymini hugged Cody.

"What's up, guys? Who's this?" Crymini asked.

"Name's Rachel. I'm Loona's older sister," Rachel answered.

Crymini's eyes widened, "Oh, cool. I didn't know you had a big sister."

"Long lost sister. It's a long story. How's protecting the hotel?" Loona asked.

"Alastor and I have been busy. A lot of militia have tried to attack this place along with some new gangs. Mostly amateurs, but the big players were barely a challenge for old Al. By the way, Cody, did you get my text?" Crymini asked.

Cody nodded, "I did."

Cody pulled out a weapons locker with ammo from his infinite cube. Inside it were all the custom guns she requested. AR-15s chambered in 300 HAM'R and 6.5 Grendel, ten gauge tactical shotguns, and sidearms in 45 ACP and 10mm along with a demonic 6-inch barrel 44 magnum revolver based off of the Smith & Wesson Model 629 Competitor. There were also some gear like different vests, holsters, mag pouches, and different melee weapons like metal baseball bats with pyramid spikes, expandable batons, machetes, and knives like bowie and karambit knives.

"Oh yeah, this will do nicely. Thank you, Cody," Crymini smiled, examining the guns.

"I hope they come in handy," Cody said.