Fifteen

"Ms. Vicky, I made you something." Macky said approaching her in the yard. " Its in my cell so come by and get it when I go back in."

"Alright." She said looking at him through her shades.

"Why do you have those on?" Macky asked tilting his head. She shook her head and tried to walk away but he pulled her arm back. He removed the shades from her face and revealed her black eye.

"What the hell happened to your eye?" He said scrunching up his face.

"Nothing, Macky. Enjoy your time out her before you have to go back in." She said sternly and pulled away from him.

*

"Here you go, I drew it for you.." Macky handed her a drawing he drew of her. Vicky was amazed at how great it looked and detailed it was. She smiled at the picture and folded it.

"Thank you. That is the sweetest thing anybody's ever done for me. I love it." He nodded and examined her face. She looked tired and worn out.

"Anything for you, Ms. Vicky he said and returned back to his bed.

...

"Why do you have shades on?" Hillary asked as she walked into the lounge and saw Vicky.

"I just want to." Vicky shrugged and looked into the vending machine.

"You know what I think? I think that boyfriend of yours showed you who's boss..." Hillary whispered with a laugh.

"Hillary, please leave me alone. I just want to get my snack in peace." Hillary threw her hands up to surrender.

"I'm just telling the truth." She pulled the shades off of Vicky's face and walked out. Vicky picked her shades up and tried to put them on but they were broken.

"Ugh!!!!!" She screamed in frustration. Vicky grabbed her keys and purse and left work. All the way home she just cried. She was sick and tired of being mistreated.

She went home and threw herself over her bed. All she wanted to do was go to sleep and forget all about Hillary and Derek. She reached in her pocket and pulled out the picture Macky had drawn her.

'If only Derek could be like Macky..' She thought to herself. 'If only Macky wasn't an inmate.'
---------------------------------------------
Poor Vicky 😔
I wish Macky wasn't in jail.