Chapter Two: Longest Lunch In History

In high school lunch is usually about 30 to about 45 minutes if you're lucky we'll lunch today for the boys felt like forever. After the three meet up at the tree was basically the start of the longest lunch in history. Alex and Matt met up first and then she walked up. "Hi Matt!" said Robin with a big smile on her face. "Hey Robin" Matt said back. Alex eyes grew big and then he realized what was happening. " Matt what the fuck!!! you made friends with my enemy !What kind of best friend does that !!!" Alex said so upset his powers were almost close to going crazy. Matt noticing that Alex's powers were starting to flare up "Alex calm down please! i didn't make friends with your enemy you don't even know her why don't you try and say hello and see how lunch goes between you two." Alex trying to take deep breathes "I didn't know your best friend was him i'm really sorry Matt I didn't want to cause any trouble between you two." Robin spoke up."Alex you see that you've made her feel unwelcomed say you're sorry because she's gonna spend lunch with us if you like it or not!" Matt told Alex as he crossed his arms like an upset father. " I'm not gonna apologize to her ! She isn't welcomed! I dont want to spend my lunch hour with her! she'll probably try and kill me!" Alex said starting to pout like a little kid who isn't getting his way. Robin let out a big sigh and walked over to Alex. ¨Look here kid I dont hate you I guess we just got off on the wrong foot, okay you bumped into me and I put up the defence and started disliking you. I'm sorry okay how about we start over. I'm robin silver I'm new here I got kicked out from my last school because I blackmailed some cheerleaders and football players for being mean to a girl I knew. I'm not as bad as everyone makes be out to be I do all this ¨bad stuff¨ to help people but it backfires on me and makes me look like the bad guy." Alex looked up at her and meet her green eyes once again " Alex Wilson i know what you mean by you try to help people but it backfires on you..." He scratches the back of his head. "I guess in a way maybe we have more in common than we thought... okay I'll have lunch with you I'm sorry." They both shook hands and everything was alright. "Awesome! I made you guys be friends." said Matt feeling satisfied with himself. Alex picked up his bag and stood up "shall we go find somewhere to eat and hang out?" "sure where do you guys usually sit?" Robin said trying to be nice "well just depends we sometimes eat outside of Mrs. G's room because she's our hour after lunch but, we have her last hour now so we can sit wherever." Matt replied as he picked up his bag. Robin a little confused "wait what's your guys last hour?" "computer tech class or GenYes" Matt and alex said at the same time. " Oh I have an online class in the library that hour." "cool! That means we can all meet after last hour and talk before we go home!" Matt said getting excited. The three started making their way into the academics building to find a hall to sit in.
After the three found a hallway to hang out in out they started making small talk. ¨So how long have you guys been friends?¨ Robin said pulling some chips out of her backpack. Both boys looked at each others and said "middle school." "wow so almost 5 years or so?" robin said in between bites. "Yeah you can say about that." Alex said eating his sandwich. "And it's only been the two of you? no other friends?" Robin asked. Matt and ALex looked at each other and then back at her. "One" They said together. "it's kinda creepy when you guys do that" Robin said back. "so who was this other friend and are they still around?" alex looked down at the last question. "no shes not her name was lizzie she moved away last year." Matt said quietly. "oh uh... " Robin was unsure of what to say after that. After a couple of minutes of awkward silences Alex spoke up "Lizzie was the coolest girl I've ever met... you kind of remind me of her... " Matt's eyes widen at Alex's confession. "I'm not sure how to take that as a compliment or an insult?" Robin said looking down at the floor. "Lizzie was the coolest girl i ever met that should be like a compliment because you seem like maybe you could be cool like her... " alex said as he put his hood over his head to hide his face. Matt was probably most shocked by what alex said. Alex got up and grabbed his bag. "i uh i gotta go see you later Matt bye robin" Alex said as he started to walk away from where they all were sitting. Matt broke the silence with robin after a minute or so. " I'm sorry if that was weird he really liked lizzie after she left he wasn't really the same he's been getting back to himself but it was a long wait... Please don't think he's weird." Robin looked up at matt "It's cool no big deal i don't care really... " Matt nodded and stood up. "lunch is gonna be over any minute... uh do you want to maybe come over to my house after school... ? Alex will be there too but you're more than welcome to come hang with us." "you're something else glassman you have been so nice to me thats really sweet... i'd love to hang out after school with you and your crazy friend. meet in the front of the library after school than?" Robin said with a smile. "sounds perfect." matt said
"bye see you then" robin said as she walked away to her class. "see you later" Matt called as he went to his class. "wow shes really cool... maybe she'll be my lizzie" matt thought to himself as he walked to class. Alex on the other hand had his own idea of what robin could be for him. "she's kinda just like her she could be how i finally get over her." Alex thought to himself as he sat in his class. after the three finished up sixth and seventh hour, Alex and Matt walked out of class and to the front of the library Matt had stopped and waited. "why did you stop dude? come on we got to make it back to your house so we can play some video games before my mom picks me up at 5:30." Alex said confused on why his best friend wasn't following him. " im waiting for robin shes coming to hang out too." Matt said as he spotted robin in the crowd of kids coming out of the online classroom. Alex was starting to get mad but robin walked up with a big smile that shut him up before he could yell at Matt. "Hey guys! sorry my teacher wouldn't shut up at the end of class." Robin said as she walked up to matt and alex. The three started walking to Matts house after they all said their hellos.