Skip-able Introductory

Tylwyth Teg Plant Rhys Dwfen.

     That is the name that only his mother knew.
     Now you know it as well.

     He was a mantis of a man, only he wasn't a man. Nor was he a mantis for that matter. Not fully.
     With his flesh as delicate and soft as a newborn and his luscious lime green hair that flowed like the rolling hills in a grassy shire, perhaps it's the long sharp ears, or dull spark of ennui in his eyes from centuries of living, coupled with his still ever present youth year round like an evergreen pine, that might lead you to realize he was actually a faerie.
     Or maybe it would be the large insectile wings protruding from his lower back, or the fact he stood no taller than a metric yard despite being perfectly proportionate to a fully grown adult, that might have given that fact away.

     Nevertheless, he was not human. And like most of his kind, he did not act like it either.
     An important thing to know about the fae is that the rules that apply to humans like yourself are much different than the rules that apply to fae like himself. From an outside perspective, it could seem as though there are none at all or that it is simply lists of nonsensical and outlandish gibberish.
     That perspective would be ignorant and wrong, though to attempt to look into it any further than such would be near impossible and more nonsensical than the rules themselves. They're both incredibly vague and yet acutely particular. There's so many, yet we know so few until we break them. They speak of causing devious mischief whilst upholding the highest of table manners. They're contradictory in every way and can differ amongst each creature that abides by them. It would be impossible for a mere mortal to write a comprehensive list of every rule that must be followed simply when interacting with a fae, let alone when inside Avalon, or when being a fae yourself.
     Nearly nothing is entirely out of the question, at least not within your scope of understanding. Aside from fully understanding, of course.

     And yet, despite all this, Twlwyth Teg Plant Rhys Dwfen managed to be so incredibly normal by those standards that it made him that much more incredibly abnormal in that regard. He followed every rule with the utmost due diligence that it quite possibly led to following none at all. However, the crazy part was that he managed not to go insane in the process. Or perhaps he truly did go mad. Perhaps we simply couldn't see it. After all, in order to see into his brain, we would need to go mental as well.
     But alas, were a human to look upon him without applying their own personal mortal moral compass, perhaps he would seem just as sane as the average young man. Perhaps he would seem in a righter state of mind than any man. Like comparing apples to oranges or a raven to a writing desk, perhaps Twlwyth Teg Plant Rhys Dwfen would be considered the pinnacle of mental stability. That is, had it not been for his Fae upbringing influencing his senses of right and wrong, perhaps Twlwyth Teg Plant Rhys Dwfen could have been considered a good person, personhood or not.

     Twlwyth Teg Plant Rhys Dwfen.

       Even his name calls out for home.
     For his people.
   Forever binds him to the land.
To his people.
Even if his people cast him aside aswell.