03|| Debonair

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

The world seemed beyond blurred the next morning. Jungkook stood there in the balcony of his house, actually his parents' house in which he moved in for the sake of his university. The winter morning was looking like a canvas of gray and white, as if it had forgotten to paint itself. The clock on the wall chimed six, its metallic voice slicing through the silence.

Jungkook's sleepless night had been a descent into darkness. The nightmares clawed at him the last night, just like every other nights

He again felt those tendrils wrapping around his chest, squeezing the air from his lungs. He again heard those voices, getting louder by every passing night. 

Failure..

The word ringed in his mind. 

Imperfection..

He again heard. As if the shadows themselves had taken form, whispering their poison into his ears. Jungkook wondered, if any other souls had to battle against the same demons in the quiet hours before dawn. 

Jungkook's gaze shifted upward. The sky held no promise of sunrise—only a leaden expanse, heavy with unshed snow. His breath misted in the frigid air. 

Not worthy to love.. 

Jungkook's heart clenched. The voices were relentless. And Jungkook had to fight against the voices, every night...

He had to embrace himself, to get rid of those whispers, which were continuously stabbing his heart, telling him that he wasn't worthy of love, he wasn't perfect, he couldn't make his parents proud, he couldn't be like Rawn, he couldn't be like the toppers...

He was just a disappointment. He should kill himself... 

But, Jungkook was strong. Maybe the strongest.... 

That's why he didn't kill himself or never tried to harm himself. 

Even the day when his parents came to know that he is gay and said that they were ashamed of him, when they said that he was nothing but a disgrace, when they said that they shouldn't have adopted him at the first place...

He didn't kill himself even though he felt like.

The disappointed expression on his parents' face, their each and every words and those voices wrapped around his neck, choking him until his vision blurred and everything blacked out.....