04|| Efflorescence

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

The dried leaves crumbled under Jungkook's sneakers as he walked alongside Taehyung. Warm sunrays falling over the buildings and tree-lined pathways of the campus. 

The ravenette seemed to be at ease with a small smile playing on his lips, walking beside him with his hands tucked inside the pockets of his pants. 

And Jungkook, who's always calm and quiet, found his heart racing, an unfamiliar fluttering in his stomach as he stole glances at Taehyung. He noticed the ravenette's veiny hands when he pointed at something and oh god! Those long, slender fingers could shape the destiny's clay with fingertips, guiding stars along their astral way. 

"You have the same classes as mine, right?"

Jungkook got kicked out of his imaginary world when he heard Taehyung's voice. He saw Taehyung was staring at him, waiting for his answer and Jungkook again felt embarrassed. He cursed himself in his mind for again staring at Taehyung for a long time and spacing out. 

"Y-yeah."

"Great! Now you are stuttering? Wah, Jungkook, wah! People should learn from you how to embarrass yourself in front of your crush.."

Jungkook was busy scolding himself when-

"JUNGKOOK, MY CUTIE PIE!!!"

Both of the males flinched at the sudden loud voice and Jungkook groaned as soon as he recognized the irritatingly familiar voice. And soon he stumbled forward as someone slapped his back "not-so-hard" again!

"HEY, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU FOR A LONG TIME AND-"

Mingyu stopped in the middle of his shouting when he saw the unfamiliar figure beside Jungkook. 

"WOAH WOAH.. WHO IS THIS HANDSOME GUY, KOOK? I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE, AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HIM?"

Mingyu spoke, eyeing Jungkook suspiciously. Jungkook rolled his eyes and hissed at the sting he was feeling on his back. He was sure that his back has got tattooed by the not-so-hard slap.

"Can't you for a once behave like a normal human, Mingyu? And who the hell is your cutie pie?" Jungkook spoke with a glare.

But Mingyu just decided to ignore his best-friend and forwarded his right hand towards the raven haired male.

"HI, I AM KIM MINGYU, THIS CUTIE POTATIE'S BEST FRIEND" Mingyu introduced himself with a wide smile.

"Hello, I am Kim Taehyung." Taehyung replied while accepting his hands with a smile. "I've joined the university today."

Mingyu's lips formed a 'o' shape. 

"And not just me, my 3 other friends has also joined today."

Jungkook stopped glaring at Mingyu and looked at Taehyung at the new information.

"Where are they?" Jungkook asked.

"Might be somewhere nearby. They came to the university before me."

Three of them walked towards the classrooms. Suddenly Taehyung stopped walking and pointed at somewhere. Jungkook and Mingyu looked at the direction and saw there were three other males standing at a distance. One of them were talking non-stop while throwing his hands in the air and the other two were looking so done of that male.