💝SWEET ANTICIPATION-CHAPTER-21

Hey Thanu1500

This chapter is dedicated to you! Apologies for the delay, my friend 😅. Thanks a bunch for the constant motivation and support! It really means the world to me.

Now, let's dive into the good stuff, shall we? 📚✨

Meera pov:

A wave of elation washed over me as we secured our victory in the third round. Our weeks of strategizing and late-night trivia marathons had finally paid off! But the thrill of the win couldn't quite overshadow the nervous knot forming in my stomach. I desperately wanted to tell Amma about Adrian, especially with his surprise date planned for tomorrow.

Glancing towards the living room, I saw Amma hunched over a mound of student papers, her brow furrowed in concentration. Appa, thankfully, was already asleep after finishing his medication. Taking a deep breath, I steeled myself and called out, "Amma?"

She looked up, her gaze softening when she saw me. "Meera, there you are! Did you have dinner, darling?"

I offered a reassuring smile. "Yes, Amma, I ate." Just as I opened my mouth to speak, she continued, "Oh, and guess what? Your uncle's family is coming to Burlington next week! It must be vacation time in Malaysia."

My face brightened considerably. My Uncle Nimal, Appa's older brother, was a professor at a Malaysian university and an absolute delight. His wife, Aunty Latha, was the embodiment of warmth and kindness. And then there were my cousins – Darshan, my boisterous, joke-cracking older brother figure, and Thanu, my best friend and partner in crime.

The news washed away my apprehension momentarily. Darshan, with his booming laugh and endless supply of goofy jokes, could lighten any mood.  Thanu Shiri, my partner-in-crime and confidante, shared a bond with me that transcended the miles. Social media kept us connected, and she already knew all about my feelings for Adrian – a secret I'd confessed weeks ago during a late-night video call.

Steeling my nerves, I decided to take the plunge. "Amma, I need to tell you something."

My voice wavered slightly, and I took a deep breath before blurting it out. "Me and Adrian...we love each other." The words hung heavy in the air, and Amma's face remained an unreadable mask. Panic started to bubble in my chest.

Desperate to convince her, I rushed on. "He's a good guy, Amma! He cares about me a lot"I told her everything about how he rescued Naveen from the illegal boxing club, and everything he done for me and our family "He really loves me."

Amma continued to stare at me, "So, my suspicions were right," she finally said. My brow furrowed in confusion. "Amma, I—"

Cutting me off with a gentle smile, she said, "Don't underestimate a mother's intuition, Meera. I know my daughter. And I saw the way you two looked at each other during dinner, even when you thought no one was watching."

My cheeks burned with a blush. I stared at her, speechless.

Squeezing my hand reassuringly, Amma continued, "Don't worry, Meera. I trust you. Even I met your Appa during our college days. Love can blossom in the most unexpected places. Her voice turned a touch sterner. "But remember, Meera, love comes with responsibility. Don't let it cloud your judgment or distract you from your studies"

"Of course not, Amma," I promised earnestly. "He understands that education is important to me too." By the end of the night, the weight on my chest had vanished, replaced by a warm glow of happiness and the comforting knowledge that Amma, had my back, I told everything to her, and Amma listened intently, offering sage advice ("Don't let love cloud your judgment, Meera") and playful teasing in equal measure!