Chapter 17: Maid

A few days after that.

I went demon hunting with Zitri and Rona.

The location was Mia's Forest, which had been captured and transformed into an ordinary forest.

It was said that Grey Wolves and the like would still intermittently appear outside, so it was necessary to send troops to hunt them down every so often.

'The game world has become quite realistic.'

Aha!

I guess I've gotten pretty good at it after all.

As for the Grey Wolves, they were no match for me.

Below me, a giant Gray Wolf lies on the ground, breathing heavily. There was no mercy at my disposal.

I didn't even feel the need to activate the Time of Genius.

CRACK!

[Steals a small amount of Grey Wolf's health, gaining two hours of life].

With the roar of the beast, a message appeared.

I let out a frustrated breath as I read the details.

For your information, I am currently hunting in the forest owned by the Reinhafer family.

The reason for the frown, of course, is that the results are not good.

One might say.

I've added a whopping two hours of life to just one beast.

Isn't that a pretty successful hunt?

Yes.

But that's bullshit.

For example, problem one.

This is how long it takes me to hunt a beast without triggering [Genius Hour].

About an hour.

This isn't even math, it's too wrong.

As a result, I've earned an hour, but if I take into account the time I spent preparing for this and that, and the work that went into it... it's just a loss.

Anyway, it may not be bad in the sense that you can increase your stats such as strength and will, but dying is no different than before.

It's just a matter of whether you die sooner or later.

Shit.

The second problem.

This one is simple.

Am I going to be slaying monsters every hour? No, I'm not.

I'm human, I have to eat and go to the bathroom. Even then, time is going to go by fast and dirty without a care in the world.

Problem three.

Here's the real problem... The monsters are not infinite.

These days, especially since I've dried up the crop, they're either dangerous or half-assed when I try to find stronger ones.

This is why my grand plan to extend my life is in shambles.

"Haha, it's a shame that there are so few demons around these days."

"......I can't believe you're talking about the lack of demons. If the others hear you, they'll think you've lost your mind."

Rona says, pointing at me as I sit on a tree stump.

I have to admit, for once, she has a point.

It's a shame there aren't more of them in this monster-infested world. There shouldn't be.