2 - Invitation

It's the next day.

He's here again, dressed in his same, denim jacket. Apparently he hasn't taken his eyes off me since he's walked through the cafe door. According to Chantelle at least.

Surprisingly none of the girls had jumped up at the opportunity to take his order.

Turning to the girls, I see Juliet and Hannah smirk at me as Chantelle drops her right eye into a wink.

I guess they're expecting me to go over there...

So I slowly pick myself up, making eye contact with Zayn from across the cafe.

Shyly walking over to his booth, he smiles at me, being polite I smile back.

"Uh hi... Zayn, what can I get you?" I already know what he's going to say but I have to ask anyway.

"Just my usual, Babe" he smiles.

My heart flutters, why is he acting so kind to me when he barely acknowledges the other girls? I mean they are far more beautiful than me... I don't understand.

"April?" He pulls me out of my thoughts, smirking at the fact I'm in my own little world.

"Right sorry, I'll get that for you" I say, quickly scurrying away before he could answer me.

As soon as I got to the counter, Hannah has his order ready for me, passing it over. Obviously knowing what he was going to order.

"Good luck" Hannah sings to me. I giggled while telling her to be quiet, due to her childish behaviour.

As I walk back to Zayn's booth, I see him sit up right, with some sort of sparkle in his eye? Almost as if he is excited I'm coming over?

No April, get over yourself.

"Here you go, vanilla latte and your bagel." I say as I place his drink and food down on his table. "Enjoy" I smiled.

As I went to turn away, I heard him call my name "April.." I turned quickly, curious as to what he wanted.

"Yes Zayn?" I ask.

"Umm.. Can I please have a uh, glass of water?" He stutters, he looks almost nervous?

"Yeah sure thing" I went to go retrieve his water, thankfully the girls were busy and did not have time to bug me about our interaction quite yet.

So I walked back, glass of water in my hand I placed that on his table.

"There you go."

"Thank you, hey April.. What are you doing after work?" He asks, making intense eye contact with me, even though he seems nervous.

I'm shocked, not knowing how to reply. Did he want to do something, or was he just being polite?

"Uh.. I-I have tafe.. Why?" I whispered back to him. My heart was racing in my chest.

"Would you like me to drive you?" He asks.

What the hell is going on?

"No really, that's fine.. I'll just take the bus as usual, but Thank you" I stutter, I feel so intimidated right now, he's staring at me so possessively, I feel like saying no is not a good idea.

"Come on, are you really going to turn down my offer, April?" He smirks at me, God that stupid smirk. It's to die for.

I was too amazed to reply, standing there speechless as my breathing became uneven.

"Please April, here, take my number.. Please call me when you've finished work" he speaks, I could feel his warm breath against my neck due to our close proximity.

"Goodbye baby girl" he sneaks past me, running his hand across the back of my waist.

My body shivers, I am just utterly confused. He was right, how could I turn down a gorgeous man taking me in his fancy car to my destination instead of catching a lousy old bus.

I look back to his table, and see his glass of water has been untouched, almost as if it was a coy to talk to me.

I slowly shuffle my way back to the counter, watching Zayn walk out the door.

"April Grace Faun, you explain right now" I hear Juliet exclaim as the three girls pull me into them.

Oh here we go.