[8] Warning

DURING ancient times, most people believed in angels and demons, especially those from the church

DURING ancient times, most people believed in angels and demons, especially those from the church. Some people who lived in the upper class had the power to use forbidden spells and magic. Most of them use it for personal gain, which impacts on society. Due to greed and selfishness, they hunted down these people to be killed. From that day on, they all remained a once-upon-a-time tale.

But, did you know that good and evil are not born? They are made, especially in a world where magic is used. It's up to the individual whether they wish to use their power for good or bad. However, once this power reaches a certain point, it can cause harm to people, especially its users.

"Really? The demon is hunting me now?" Lilith exclaimed in disbelief after tearing down the posted picture on every post of the capitol. "Who drew this picture? I look exhausted here." She then crumpled it up.

She glanced towards the castle and smiled.

The king is starting to seek his revenge. Is she too impatient to wait for it?

She began to walk along the length of the capitol. She was also grateful that she didn't attend gatherings much when she was younger, and hardly anyone recognized her face as Avery. Because of this, she could move freely in town, especially if she avoided certain palace members.

"Aren't you looking where you're going, or are you just blind?" She stopped walking when she heard commotion not far away. "You have the nerve to interrupt me today."

Driven by curiosity, she peeked at the gathering crowd a few steps away from her. She craned her neck and strained to see what was happening.

"I apologize, I didn't mean to bump into the fruits and block your way," a young lady said apologetically. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me for what happened."

"People like you are truly useless. I've just wasted my time with peasants like you," grumbled an elderly man inside the carriage. "Get the horse moving. I might be late for the gathering at the palace."

The girl remained bowed down, unable to move due to fear. She stopped craning her neck as the onlookers began to disperse. She simply watched as they picked up some fruits from the pavement.

"The power and position make people different. They forget to be humane. Why do these stupid nobles act like they are some god?" She turned away and started walking away. "But then again, who would they learn from if they're not influenced by higher-ups?"

She entered the weapon workshop. She caught sight of the old man's smiling face as she entered, but it turned into a surprise when their eyes met.