𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5

── ⋆⋅○⋅⋆ ──

Jungkook rose from his bed with weary limbs, his movements sluggish from the previous night's sleep.

He rubbed his eyes and stretched, letting out a yawn as he made his way to the bathroom to freshen up, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror.

A distinct mark on his neck stood out, an unwelcome reminder of the night before.

The skin around it was reddish brown and a little swollen.

He reached out and ran his thumb across the raised flesh, rubbing it with ease.

He leaned closer to examine it, his curiosity getting the best of him.

Jungkook's mouth twisted with distaste as he remembered the act of infidelity. It was a stark reminder of the prostitute he had engaged with the day before.

' Did Taehyung saw this ? '

the thought echoed inside his brain, the question bringing a slight frown on his lips.

he shook his head as begin to to brush his teeth, feeling disgusted by his actions.

He sighed heavily, wiping his toothbrush dry, leaving the bathroom, heading downstairs to the kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen he found Taehyung already prepared breakfast on the table and currently drinking his coffee sitting down at the kitchen counter,

He looked up at him as soon as he set foot into the kitchen , giving Jungkook a smile before setting his cup back down on the counter.

Jungkook cleared his throat,

"Why didn't you call me when you got out of bed?"

He asked while pouring himself some orange juice .

Taehyung looked up from his cup of coffee and replied,

"You seemed tired, so I wanted to let you sleep a bit longer. I would have woken you up when the right time came around."

"Oh, you're still the one who cares about me," Jungkook said with a smile as he sat down.

He raised his hand to scratch his neck, and Taehyung noticed.

"My neck is constantly itchy, it seems like I got bit by a bug,"

Jungkook said, looking down, trying to avoid Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung nodded ,

"There does seem to be a small red patch."

He stood up and took out a tube of ointment from the first aid kit and placed it into Jungkook's briefcase.

"I'll put the ointment in your bag.
If your neck is itchy, then don't scratch it. Remember. to put the ointment on."

he instructed him as he closed the bag after putting the ointment inside.

"Okay," Jungkook said, nodding and sighing in relief.

°°°

Taehyung found a job that very day.

It wasn't hard to find a job with his top grades and impressive work experience.

He was surprised to find that his new CEO, Park Bogum , was actually his old classmate from highschool.

They had lost touch over the years
since Taehyung went abroad to study.

Bogum was also surprised to meet Taehyung, he remembered him as someone he had taken notes of.

Even though they lost contact for a long time, they still had that tacit understanding between them from the past when they studied together.

Bogum , promoted within just one week of working at the company. He even assigned him an assistant called leeyon , who would ultimately learn from Taehyung and carry out tasks that were more challenging than normal assistant responsibilities.

Taehyung was impressed, his ability to adapt and improve under such circumstances was something that he admired greatly.

Bogum had a conversation with Taehyung.

He explained that he trusted this young man and wanted Taehyung to pass on his expertise to his assistant.

He also mentioned that Taehyung could ask for leeyon's help if he ever needed anything.

Taehyung agreed with a smile, but he struggled with asking his assistant to handle basic tasks like making drinks. he just doesn't want to be a burden.

•••

As the days passed by, Taehyung grew consumed by his job, he spent less time with Jungkook, and more time with work.

His schedule was full of meetings and projects due in a few weeks time.

He hadn't expected so much work and he didn't know how to deal with all of it.

As for house chores , he had no idea what to do with them, So he just kept a house keeper to take care of house chores and cook them meals.

recently It has it has been so busy to the point that they only exchanged greetings in the morning and evening, as their schedules never aligned anymore.

As for the remainder of the day, one of the two of them would either be away from home or fast asleep.

It wasn't long before Jungkook grew restless. He needed to sit down and have a chat with Taehyung, as the current situation was starting to affect their relationship.

Jungkook didn't want to pressure Taehyung, nor did he want to push him too far or be intrusive.

But he knew that things had been going downhill between them for awhile now.

They had both gone through a lot recently,

and the tension between them was beginning to feel suffocating.......

── ⋆⋅○⋅⋆ ──