Chapter 1

Warning⚠️: heartbroken Scott 

Winter, you, came home after a late night at work— some part-time job you'd picked up to help support in college— after walking for what seemed like years in the Toronto snow. It was exactly 9:03 pm as you opened your door to your apartment, greeted with your roommate, Scott Pilgrim. Well not exactly greeted, since he was just groaning and muttering to himself.

You retreat into your warm, cozy, but incredibly tiny apartment studio filled with clutter of mostly your things. Scott was laying face down on their shared mattress (too broke to afford more than one bed), sulking to himself.

You distinctly remembering him calling you earlier today, a complete mess, explaining how he'd gotten dumped by Ramona Flowers. He claimed she wanted to "part ways in life". Then again it was hard to hear Scott over the phone with his tears. This all wasn't surprising, considering she was a badass and the coolest alt girl ever and Scott was... well... this. Yikes.

My female human appearance is long light blonde hair, emerald green eyes and I wearing my white summer dress and white sandals. Winter looked sympathetically at him then she sit down on their mattress next Scott and she caress around on his back more comfortingly. "How are you doing okay, Scott?" Winter looked shyly at him. 

As the soft fingers started kneading into his tense muscles, Scott's groans of pain from his heartbreak melted almost instantly. With a groan that was very distinctively boyish, but cute, he turned over and buried his head into Winter's lap, clinging onto any and all warmth he could. His cheeks were wet with tears and his eyes were strained— even with his eyes closed.

"I hate life." He muttered.

"Scott..." Winter looked sadly at his words then she caress on his orange hair more gently.

"She was the only person who could understand me." After a pause and another groan of sadness, he finally added, "Now I'm more alone than I've ever been."

Scott had clearly been spiraling into his depression for quite awhile, and this heartbreak was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He was a complete and utter mess.

I hugged him comfortingly more.

In the midst of his miserable state, the embrace felt so warm and soft. His fingers dug into Winter's back with a hint of desperation. His legs twitched slightly with pain and his breathing became very shallow. His chest was shaking at such a fast rate that he was on the verge of hyperventilating.

After a few moments, he eventually managed to calm down just enough to let out a breath. "Thank you." He whispered quietly as his grip around her got just a little bit tighter.

"No problem, Scott." I smiled shyly at him then I give a soft kiss on his forehead for comfort. 

With the light kiss, Scott's breathing slowed even more. He squeezed himself into her more. God, how long had it been since somebody kissed him like that before? The feeling was so warm and... nice. His heart started beating faster now, but rather than anxiety, it was full of adoration and joy. A feeling that had been nonexistent since Ramona had left him.

His breath hitched and his grip loosened as he mumbled. "I-"

Before he could continue, Scott pulled away from her and sat up, realizing something. He was now blushing and his breath hitched when he noticed how close Winter was to him. He cleared his throat and rubbed a hand through his hair. "Uhhh... thanks..." He sounded embarrassed and his cheeks were now pink from the attention received from her.

I nodded timidly at him then my emerald green eyes shyly meets his black eyes.

The long eye contact felt like an eternity as Scott wondered if Winter was waiting for him to say something. His heartbeat quickened as he realized she might've been waiting for him to kiss her.

After a moment, he cleared his throat nervously. "Could I ask for you to do something?" He asked quietly.

"Sure, Scott." I smiled shyly at him.

Scott's blush grew more prominent as he scooted closer to her, wanting to have his request be done a little more intimately than before. "Can you... do it again? But on my lips?" Scott quickly added "...if that's alright with you?"

My cheeks went rosy pinker shyly at his words then I nodded shyly at him and I give a longer soft kiss on his lip.

A shiver ran down his spine when the lip kiss happened. Scott's heart pounded within his chest like he'd just gotten the best gift he'd ever wanted. His hand instinctively went behind her head and rubbed the crown of her hair for a moment and he pulled her even closer to him. The embrace felt warm, welcoming, and so very soft.