𝓔𝓟. 2 - 𝓒𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓓𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓭𝓮!

So, the past day has been eventful, to say the least. Since the day she met Valt Aoi, she's been fixated on keeping track of his team, as well as all of their matches. Watching them back with a watchful eye, she's been replaying them for the past couple hours. She grumbled, leaning back on the couch of her living room.

"Valt Aoi... So you'll win against Kaneguro by a fluke, and yet lose to Quon Limon, another low-rank Blader a couple days prior? Jeez, you really are a goddamn fluke."

 She scoffed, running a hand through her hair. Just the thought of this kid even thinking he could climb to the top with just luck alone? Just being stupid and hoping it works? Oh please.

She felt her blood boil, the fade in her hair glowing brighter and brighter, the sounds of waves crashing against the cold sand of the beach completely filling her mind quickly and swiftly, like a hurricane. But, as quickly as it came, she soon calmed down once she heard the soft purring in her mind.

Lagoon.

She sighed, lying back on her bed. She let out a soft grunt, turning to her Bey, which was resting on her nightstand. She could hear the rumbling of her dragon Bey from a mile away, causing her to sigh as her bangs draped over her face, like strings of ribbon.

Her eyes narrowed in frustration. She could hear Lagoon growling softly. Yearning for a challenge. Just like when she battled Lui at the individual tournament that one time..

Oh great, now she's got that damn shark boy in her head.

She let out another groan, getting up to go take an afternoon jog. She needed one. And besides, it would make up for the amount of time she'd spent just watching and observing matches all day. Getting up with a stretch, she threw on her sneakers and went outside, bringing her water bottle and making sure to lock the door behind her.

Her run was about 15 minutes long, just jogging around the block and trying to run off her frustrations. Of course, until she saw a familiar face.

Lyra halted in her tracks, and it seems this familiar albino boy was doing the same.

"Hmph, Shu."

"...Lyra."

The two stared daggers at each other, both having very determined looks on their faces. One was more filled with confidence, and the other was... wavering. Was the Shu Kurenai not feeling well? That was something she could observe, especially from his more recent matches. She smirked, before continuing to speak.

"Something got ya a bit on edge? Your most recent team match was a bit of a let down, even if you won in the end."

 She smirked, crossing her arms over her chest. Unlike other Bladers who she could easily rile up, Shu was more of a... curious case. On most occasions, she had to push and prod at his buttons until she found some form of opening to intimidate him in some form. He just sighed in response, staring down at her.

"If this is about Valt, then drop it."

 Shu spoke firmly, his sentence causing her eyebrow to twitch slightly.

"What? Pssh, I couldn't give a damn about that blueberry wonder boy. I'm just... curious as to why you chose him as the captain of your team. Especially since.. y'know.. aren't captain's supposed to win..?"

 Her words caused him to clench his fists slightly, but the albino quickly calmed himself down, still staring at her with a firm, crimson stare.

"We all experience losses every now again, Lyra. It's all part of being a Blader. I'm sure you can understand."