Chapter Fifty Six: My Friend

56. My Friend

04-28-2024

A/N: WE GOT ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF FANART HERE!! This interpretation of the MC is drawn by the lovely L0VEmanguito !!

PLEASE don't take this art, this is not mine and this image is not for any other use!

Okay for some important news: For anime-onlys, there's just a slight spoiler regarding Ryusui. It isn't too big, don't worry.

ALSO, please read the authors note at the end of the chapter!

Q: No questions this week! Just drop anything you want to share :)

-----

"I want to retake the test."

Your master looked over to her side with just her eyes, not moving any other muscle in her body. Haru was sitting in front of her with a surprised look on their face. The woman then closed her eyes and sighed.

"Are you sure?" She asked firmly.

With a determined expression, you nodded. "Yes. I've figured out what you meant by using my strength for myself."

"It took you only a week to figure it out...well, you've slightly fallen below my expectations," she chuckled softly as she turned away from you.

"I didn't," you said with furrowed brows. "It took me one day to calm down and to figure it out, and six days to prepare myself. I will pass."

She gazed upon you with a frown, then a smile spread across her face. One of which that looked like satisfaction. Then she whipped her head toward your boyfriend and friends that were watching from behind. "You've done well to help water this little bud. She's been carefully nurtured."

Senku replied with a smug smirk on his face, "Yeah, well, that flower also has some thorns on her. It was hard, but I'm going to continue caring for her so she continues to flourish."

With a confident look, Ryusui added, "She's going to be in full bloom once this fight is over!"

"It's not like this beautiful flower has blossomed already~" Gen added with a sly expression plastered on.

With a sigh, you told them with a tick on your head, "Can you guys stop with the flower metaphors?!"

"Sorry, (Y/N)! You're just too pretty like one!" Kohaku added with a laugh. She wanted to watch your retake after hearing about the intense battle that had happened a week before. The lioness was feeling a bit left out when she was told that you were about to learn a new technique in fighting, and desired to fight you after you had earned the right to it. And now, she is an added spectator with Chrome.