CHAPTER 20

Naivy's POV

"Tell us what happened that night, Miss Tyson." humigpit ang pagkapit ko sa aking kinauupuan ng simula nang tanungin si Nath sa harap. Lahat ng tao ay nakatingin sa kanya, hinihintay ang pagbuka ng kanyang bibig.

Habang ako ay halos maubusan na ng hangin sa katawan kakapigil, hindi ko ata kaya itong makita. Nanghihina ako para sa kapatid ko, baka hindi niya kayanin, baka sobrang bigat nito para sa kanya. Ang balikan ang lahat ng masamang nangyari sa kanila nung gabing iyon, ang pagkawala ng mga kaibigan niya, at ang trauma na dinanas niya mula dito.

Pinipigilan ko ang pagtulo ng aking luha, at tila parang bumabagal ang oras, ang katahimikan sa loob ng korte ay nakakabingi sa hindi malamang dahilan, ang tensyon ay sobrang lakas, ang takot ay nakikita ko sa mata ng aking kapatid.

Kaya mo ito, Nath. Ipapanalo mo ang kasong ito.

Hinawakan ni Mama ang aking kamay, patuloy ang pagluha ng kanyang mga mata habang nakatingin sa kanyang bunsong anak.

Ilang segundo na ang lumipas, hindi pa 'rin nagsasalita si Nath. sobrang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko, para bang may mabigat na bagay ang nakadagan dito dahilan upang bumagal ang pagtibok nito. Makirot at tila mas lalo akong nahihirapan huminga.

Lumingon ako sa suspek at pansin kong grabe nito titigan ang kapatid ko, nakangisi pa ito at tila nais hagkan ang kapatid ko. Ang takot sa aking buong sistema ay napalitan ng matinding galit, anong kababuyan ang ginagawa mo sa kapatid ko!

"Miss Tyson?" pag-uulit na tawag kay Nath. tila bumalik ito sa kanyang sarili at nilingon ang lalaking nagtanong sa kanya.

"Again, can you tell us what happened that night?" ani nito. Nathalia glanced at us before her stare landed at Liv. he nodded and smiled at her before she managed to open her mouth and tell the true story that night.

"It was the night before my birthday, I sneak out the house with my friends at midnight." diretso ang tingin nito sa mga tao. That's it, you can do this Nath.

"We went to a place owned by my friends' family. To stay there and celebrate my birthday together." she said.

"As we arrived, I felt dizzy so I went upstairs to take a nap. When I woke up, I heard my friend shout downstairs. I stood up and decided to check them downstairs. I tried calling my friend Kiels' name but I was losing breath and felt the heavy aura around the place." she stops and glances at me.

Those stairs mean something, I nodded at her and tried to show her that I'm with her. "When I'm almost at the last step of the stairs, I saw a three man in black with black mask inside the house, in the living room, where my friend was supposed to decorate for my birthday."

"I saw my friend C-Chris." her voice started cracking, and she glanced at her friend Chris who's seated beside us trying to hold his tears. "There's blood on his forehead and he passed out, My friend D-Devon begged, she said 'No please.' I hide and cover my mouth in fear."

"They begged them not to kill us, because..." she started shedding tears, tears of pain. "We're j-just s-students." nanlumo ako sa sinabi niya, and instantly imagine what they faced that night. I don't know things about her friends but they were just teens.

"They begged for our safety but the guys asked for me, they were looking for me. My friends lie and tell them that they are the only one inside the house, At that time I know I was the only hope, so I sneak out at the kitchen's exit and try to reach the van, but as I try to start the engine a sharp thing pointed at my neck and the man said 'Where do you think you're going' and after that I passed out and the next thing I knew we were captured by this unknown man, they tortured my friends and one of them r-raped me."

"You said you sneak out of your house, why?" the lawyer started asking her.

"Because I want to celebrate my birthday with my friends." Nath answers.

"Are you sure, or your parents didn't like you friends, do you think there's a possibility that they wanted to take them out of your life—," what the heck is this lawyer trying to say!

"Objection your honor!" Liv firmly said. "Continue Attorney The lawyer was about to ask her again but we all got shocked when the suspect spoke.

"Your friends!!! They are not good for you Nathalia, that's why I kill them!!! I kill them!!" lahat kami ay nagulat sa sinabi nito. "This fucker!! How come you're still alive!!! I will kill you!" tinuro nito si Chris.

"Mister Henderson, seat down!" the judge ordered but he wouldn't listen. Patuloy itong nagpupumiglas at dinuduro ang kaibigan ni Nathalia. "You! Mga sagabal kayo! Dahil sa inyo lumipat si Nathalia ng university, she left me because of you! So I have to get her on my own, pero mga sagabal kayo!! That's why I kill all of you pero buhay ka pang hinayupak ka!" every words na lumalabas sa bibig nito at nagdadala ng matinding takot sa loob ng korte.

Was he confessing what he did? "Mr. Henderson, did you kill Miss Tyson's friends?" the judge asked that made everyone listen. "Yes! I kill them, mga sagabal kasi sila, so I have to put them where they should be!!" I heard Nathalia gasp and shuttered in tears, she remembered her friends.

"Why did you do that to us?" she asked.

Tiningnan siya ni Henderson at tila nanlambot ito dahil kay Nathalia, "I just love you, Nathalia, wala akong ginawang masama, I just love you so much I will do anything for you." he's crazy.

Lumakas lalo ang pag-iyak ni Nath, kaya kailangan na siyang alisin sa korte, mom went with her but I stayed her. I stay because I want to hear the verdict.

Nagkakagulo na dito sa loob dahil bawat tao ay kanya-kanya ng mga opinyon sa kaso.

The jury already stated their decision to the judge and we waited until the state announcement. Liv continues producing evidence to prove fasts.

He never stopped and did everything he could.

"People of the Philippines versus Patrick Henderson Defendant case number SCN 197723 verdict count one first degree murder, we the jury in the above entitled cause find the defendant Henderson guilty of the crime of murder in violation of Penal Code Section 6 Article 248." my heart skipped a beat after hearing that.

We win?

"Sentenced to life in prison without parole."

I burst out and cry in my father's arms, masakit malaman ang lahat pero alam kong kailangan namin itong lagpasan to be able to move on and start again.

For my sister, and for all of us.

I hope this will be the end and tomorrow everything will be sunshine and rainbows.