GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: HOLIDAY SPECIAL

December 25th, 1993.

In one of the storage units on the Eclector, sat a 13 year old Peter, a 24 year old Lizzie and Kraiglin. Peter shuffled around as he searched for a piece that they could use to decorate the tree. He finally picked one up, flashing it to the older Ravagers.

"Hey, this one looks good." The elder two barely had the time to nod before a new voice was heard echoing through the halls.

"What in the fires of Ogord y'all think you doin'?" Lizzie immediately snapped up, as the blue skinned man strode towards the makeshift Christmas tree.

"Hey Captain, we're just, uhhh... you ever heard of Christmas?" Yondu looked down at the boy with a really confused look on his face, " What?", he said, making Peter shuffle on his knees,

"Well, it's a celebration we have once a year on Earth... Where everyone gets presents for each other... So the three of us made this tree and got gifts for everyone."

Kraiglin immediately pointed his thumb at the boy, "T'was Pete's idea." Lizzie lobbed her own thumb at him, "What he said." Yondu just nodded, letting out a sigh of understanding.

A bit, at least. Peter reached down and picked one up, "And this one's for you." Yondu immediately knocked out the gift out of his hand.

"Don't come at me with no damn gifts. What a Ravager gets, he works for. We ain't about no damn handouts!" Lizzie looked down at her boots, seeing the new laces Peter had gotten his hands on.

She liked those.

Peter reasoned, "It's... More like a sign of appreciation." Yondu looked at him, "That sounds more like sentiment, boy.", he wagged a finger between her and Peter,

"That may be okay for you mushy types on Terra, but out here in the cold rigors of space, it's what'll get ya' killed. And you." He pointed at Kraiglin, "You oughta know better."

Kraiglin looked down, as Yondu kicked at the Christmas tree, "Now, get this crap outta here. If it ain't out here before I get back, y'all gon' be cleaning the latrines for the rest of the damn year."

Kraiglin spoke up, "But, that's Gef's favorite job." Yondu shot him a look, "you talking back now, Kraiglin?"
Kraiglin mumbled back a quick no, as Yondu grabbed the tree and began bashing it against the cold metal floors.

He finally threw it down, yelling as he pointed,

"I hate Christmas."

"...I'm sorry but the other stories you told about Yondu make him seem like a cool guy. What the fuck is this, Liz?" Valkyrie called out from her place on the couch, and her place was lounging upside down.

"Hold on, that ain't the end. This was just one of his many mood swings. He sneaked me a gift later on and gave Pete those blasters. He was a good man." She said, taking a sip of beer. Suddenly, her phone chimed as she received a notification.

She opened the app, InstaGrandma or something. She thought Tony was making fun of her when he first told her the name, to which he repeated it was 'Instagram', which made no sense, but she went along with it. She looked at the picture someone mentioned her in, seeing... Two very familiar faces in it.