Profile: Cha (Y/n)

Producer Name: Astra
Name: Cha (Y/n)
Birthday: March 29th, 1995
Position: Lead Vocalist, Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Producer, Visual.
Offical Height - 174cm.
Approx. Real Height: 178cm
Weight: 61kg

Blood type: B

Representative Colour: Magenta

(Y/n) facts:

- ‌Born Sydney, Australia.

- ‌Lived in Australia until his parents split and moved back to Korea at the age of 7.

- Is fluent in Korean and English, can speak Japanese, and has a decent amount of knowledge on Taiwanese Mandarin (only learning so he could speak to Tzuyu when they were trainees but forgot most of it when she grew more comfortable with Korean).

- ‌After he arrived in Korea, he lived in Daegu before moving to Seoul when he became a trainee.

- Was scouted while walking home from school in 2008.

- Trained at SM for over a year.

‌- (Y/n) is the oldest member.

- Trained for six years at JYP

- Was nicknamed 'JYP's Golden Treasure' from being highly skilled in nearly every aspect.

- He gained popularity for his shockingly wide and rare vocal range, able to sing in the female range while having a stylistic and distinct R&B vocal tone, as well as a darker timbre to his voice despite it being slightly higher than a normal guy.

- He started out as a rapper but took singing lessons because he always lost his when rapping due to always shouting unhealthily.  However, he fell in love with it more than rap and transitioned into more of a vocalist than rapper.

- Despite having a main dancer position, (Y/n) hates moving and will try to escape it as much as possible, trying to do the bare minimum but everyone around him doesn't allow it.

- ‌Was a part of the original GOT7 lineup but was removed as he stood out way too much.

- ‌Despite being an idol, he doesn't listen to a lot of Korean music and listens to a lot of Western artists.

- His hobbies are gaming, building Lego and Gundam model kits.

- ‌He loves games with heavy emphasis on the story and sometimes plays online games.

- ‌He loves eating and is open-minded to try anything.

- ‌He loves eating spicy food and prefers savoury over sweet.

- Is the one in charge of all the cooking at the dorm as he's the only one who's completely capable.

- ‌In order to look masculine, he was working out and exercising a lot as a trainee. But after joining Twice, he doesn't bother anymore and exercises for health benefits.

- ‌He often blanks out a lot and doesn't really listen most of the time.

- ‌His looks are that of a sexy tomboy and may seem a bit serious at first glance, but he is actually a caring person.

_______

Private History:

When he was young, he was really close with his mother and was the spitting image of her despite being a boy. He used to enjoy being dressed up in feminine clothes and accepted that he didn't look like a boy. However, his mother had a long-running affair with another man and suddenly ran off with him, leaving him and his father while taking all the money. Because of this, it was difficult to remain in Australia and transferred back to his old job in Korea, moving back to Daegu.

However, no family took them in with their financial difficulties and left them to struggle with poverty. His father worked many jobs on top of his main to rebuild what he had and (Y/n) did his best to acclimate to the new environment, trying his best in school because of how hard his father worked for him.

It wasn't a fun childhood as (Y/n) found himself being bullied and harassed by other students throughout his younger years, constantly ridiculed for his non-masculine appearance and for being not being a real Korean. He was either physically-harmed or harrassed (Clothes being stolen, ripped off, body being touched to see if he was a boy, and such). Because of this, he grew an even deeper hatred for his mother for leaving him with this face, growing uncomfortable with showing any skin and despising his looks.

Despite all this, he had a spark of happiness after becoming close with his next-door neighbour, Min Yoongi, and became best friends. He introduced (Y/n) to music, and that became his newfound passion as the two began to produce their own music from scratch. He was the only reason why he was able to deal with everything and helped him find his way in life.

One day, he was scouted on his way back from school and was asked to audition for SM, unsure of whether to do so but after hearing the benefits of being a trainee, that would put less financial strain on his father as essentials would be paid by the company, including a place to stay. (Y/n) decided to audition and pass, joining the company and marking his start in the industry.

All his past trauma came to an end after meeting various people he can call close friends, but the distaste remained as (Y/n) still couldn't see himself as attractive despite being told constantly.