¹³ ziggy played guitar

I woke up with my face nestled into Squid's back. That's weird, usually his arm's over me. I shrugged it off and rolled out of bed, wincing at the blaring alarm.

"Morning Squid." I smiled, rubbing my eyes. He nodded and went to wake Magnet up. Oh. He's probably just tired. "Gooood morning guys." I greeted. "Mornin' Ladybird." Zig and Armpit replied, and Zero smiled at me.

"Wake up kiddos! Rise and shine! The early bird gets the worm!" Pendanski called out, disgustingly happy as always. I sighed and leant my head on Magnet's back while we were waiting to get breakfast. "Dude," He grunted. Squid had shoved him in the shoulder walking past, making my stumble back.

"The fucks his problem?" I mumbled. I got my shovel and trudged further away from camp towards where we dug. The day dragged on an was mostly quiet again. We occasionally complained about the weather and shitty food. Jumpy came over to our section when Pendanski brought lunch over but he quickly shooed him away.

"Here." Zigzag held out his hand, lifting me out of my hole. Squid was still digging and I couldn't be bothered waiting for him. "Thanks." He nodded.

We got back to camp and Zig kept an eye out while I was in the shower cause Squid was still digging. I figured he wouldn't anyway. After I got out the shower Taylor and I hung out in her tent until dinner.

"You haven't been with Squid much today." She said, hinting she wanted me to spill. "Mhm.."
"My gosh.. what happened?!"

"I don't know! We were fine yesterday. Like we were obviously both sad about Barfbag but he was still fine with me and I went to lay with him like always. And then," I lowered my voice. "He kissed me."

"No way! How? Like kiss-kiss!?" She hissed excitedly. "Like on the forehead and I think he thought I was asleep." I confessed. "Oh my god. And now he's like, totally ignoring you."

"Yeah! I can't say I'm totally surprised. He's done stuff like this before. I think anytime he does something he sees as 'weak' he gets distant."

"Wassup with you two today?" X-ray waved his fork between Squid and I. "Nothin'." The boy said curtly.

"Hey Zero, wanna play cards?" The curly haired boy nodded and we sat on the dusty floor. "Right I only know how to play snap, the one where you have to make 21 and rummy." I told him. "Snap?" He asked, I nodded agreeing.

The evening dragged on and I couldn't wait to go to sleep. I hoped tomorrow Alan would be less distant. I felt pushed aside. Like he's fine with me and then he tells or shows me how he actually feels and I'm just shoved away.

I slept in my own bed that night, alone. It was colder than usual.

"Birdie," someone shook my waist. "Birdie, get up." I pressed my palms into my eyes. It was Squid. "Hey, you've gotta wake up."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah no shit. The trumpets not going off for nothin'." I got dressed into my jumpsuit. It still swallowed me whole without the sleeves rolled up. I had a tank top underneath and I tied the arms of the jumpsuit around my waist.