Chapter Ten

"Open it! Open it! Open it! Open it!"

You were in the Hufflepuff common room and you were currently being held on the shoulders of Matthew and Daniel as everyone was jumping up and down and cheering for you and Cedric, shouting your names. The atmosphere was great.

You made eye contact with Cedric who was on the shoulders of your brother and Ernie McMillan. You grinned at each other and opened the eggs at the exact same time.

An ear-piercing shierk came out of the eggs' golden light and you immediatly closed it as your friends dropped you to cover their ears.

Awkward silence filled the room and as everyone lowered their hands from the sides of their heads, you could see a red spot on Daniel's palm. You immediately took his hand in yours and then looked at his ear. Your eyes widened.

"Danny?"

"What is it Y/n/n?"

"Your ear is bleeding bro."

"Shit."

"Shit."

"Yeah, shit."

"Let's get you to the hospital wing, yes mate?"

"Yeah."

You three left the place, went to Madam Pomfrey and she said it's going to hurt for a couple of days, but it'll be okay soon.

You muttered your apologies to Daniel and gave him a hug. He told you it was not your fault but you still felt like it was.

The days slowly faded into weeks and December came around.

"Why did McGonaggal bring us here again?" Ginny asked you and Hermione, as you were lined up in the great hall, boys on the left, girls on the right. 

"The real question is, why does Y/n have a camera around her neck?"

"I have a feeling this will be very interesting."

"You do?"

"Mhm."

McGonaggal entered and all heads turned her way.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament, since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put on your best foot forward; and I mean this literally because, the Yule Ball, is first and foremost... A dance."

An uproar of conversation errupts through the room, replacing the silence. The boys were mainly complaining while the girls were excited, talking about the dresses they'll wear and who they want to ask them.  

"A ball?"

"It appears so."

"Are you not excited?"

"I knew already."

"How the fu-"

--

"So, Georgie, you gonna take her to the dance or?" Lee asked his friend.

"Oh yes, it would be so romantic. And as the last songs are playing and the night is coming to an end you could look into her pretty eyes while slow dancing and ask her to be your girlfriend under the dim light of the moonlight and the candles."

"And when she says yes-" 

"Bruh- Come on, youhave to stop this at some point." 

"Never. You'd be too good together." Fred laughes and George rolls his eyes.