Spring and a Storm

Mandy made sure to close her windows today, and she even bought a radio and some flashlights for what was going to happen. The news station said that today, there would be a bad storm, which was expected to have lots of rain, lots of lightning, and winds capable of blowing branches off of trees. So all Mandy could do was hunker down for the day, and the best part of it all was that she was alone. No kids begging her for free candy, no stalkers watching her from her windows, and best of all, no jesters playing pranks.

So when Mandy heard a knock at the door, five minutes after the storm was beginning to brew, she hoped it was just some uber driver that got sent to the wrong location. She opened the door, making sure she looked at least presentable, a small smile on her face and her hair pulled into a bun. She was greeted with another smile, one she despised, and downright wished it would be wiped off the face of the earth.

"Hi Manders..!"

Mandy just stared at him for fifteen seconds, processing why the hell he was here, and what to say if he asked to come in.

"Why are you here? Didn't ya hear the news, idiot? There's a storm brewing!"

Chester shook his head innocently, as though he were a kid in a candy store.

"Nope! I don't listen to the news. Besides, this doesn't look so bad! There's barely any rain! And I don't even see any thunder! I think you're overreacting a teeny tiny bit Mandy."

As soon as he said that, Mandy saw a flash of light in the distance, followed by a loud boom which made Chester jump.

"Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be at home, huddled in a blanket and covering your ears 'cuz of the lightning?"

Mandy teased him a bit, and Chester scoffed.

"Firstly, I am not afraid of lightning. It doesn't hide under my bed at one in the morning. And secondly, I.. need to stay at your house for the night because my car won't start."

Mandy blinked a couple of times, processing what he said again. He couldn't drive a car, not after what happened a few months ago.

"You can't even drive! No! Go away!"

She slowly started closing the door, and Chester stepped forward and propped it back open with his foot, much to Mandy's dismay.

"Actually, I meant my bike! Yeah! My bike won't start."

What the hell do you mean your 'bike won't start'?! Bikes don't even have motors!

Mandy quickly realized what Chester was doing. He was making up excuses.. For something. And she knew whenever he did this, he'd come up with a new excuse, and if Mandy didn't do what he asked, this would continue until she finally caved in. She could call the authorities, say he was stalking her, but she knew the authorities weren't the best officers. They were probably at their homes, off-duty and not giving a crap if somebody got murdered tonight. Because according to them, they could do it tomorrow. So Mandy had no choice but to let him in.

"Ugh.. Fine. Fine! Come in. But I swear to god, if you do anything stupid, I will slit your throat, ya hear me?!"

Mandy pinched the bridge of her nose, just annoyed that she'd have to be with Chester for the night. Chester just nodded a couple of times before entering the house, the bells on his hat jingling as he took a step. And there goes her beautiful alone time for the night.

Chester sat down on her couch and sprawled his legs out like he owned the place. He didn't even bother taking his boots off, as mud was trailing behind him.

"You idiot! You don't even take off your shoes when you enter somebody's house?! And you don't even say thank you for being let in?!?"

Mandy yelled at her guest, clearly upset by the mess she'd have to clean.