Chapter 2

I wake up and look at the time. I get up and use the bathroom then go down stairs and notice Christopher is still asleep. "Looks like it's my turn to make breakfast" I mutter to myself. We stayed up later than usual, after the movie we decided to watch Sam and Colby. The paranormal and things to do with demonology has always peaked my interest. Cris said he's sceptical about most ghost hunters, but Sam and Colby are the most convincing ones. I mean it makes sense, it's so easy for them to blame a lot of things on ghosts but they debunk everything they can.... And then yell like a lot when it's unexplainable. Last night we saw their most recent video on their channel where they explained that they were taking a break and would probably have a surprise when they post again.

I finish making breakfast and set the plates on the table. A few minutes later Cris walks downstairs with a "good morning". He sits down and begins eating. "do you think they'll get back in time for the convention?" I ask "they better, unless they want to get in trouble. All foster kids are required to attend and if we miss it someone will come here. And when they see we where left alone for so long, their gonna be in BIG trouble" he explains.

An hour after eating I go to his room and stand in his doorway "ok, what are we gonna do? I'm chronicly bored" I ask getting a laugh "more Sam and Colby? We can rewatch the conjuring house video" he suggests. "Sure why not, you wanna watch it in you room or the living room?" I ask "um..... Let's go to the living room" he says getting up. We walk down stairs and plop down on the couch. I open YouTube and search Sam and Colby "oh, we never watched the nun hospital video" I say when I see the thumbnail for said video "we haven't, have we? Do you wanna watch that?" He asks "yeah" I say, he clicks the video and the video starts. "Oh, Seth's in it" I say then giggle when Chris says "oh my god" to Josh slapping Seth's butt. We slightly jump at the intro. "Why the hell do they always put creepy images and clips in the videos!?" Chris says making me giggle. "If there's anything they've taught us, it's to be more scared of bugs and theses clips than demons" I say laughing

A few hours go by and there's a knock on the front door. 𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘵, 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰? 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵. I think to myself as I quickly pause the video. I walk to the door and look through the peep hole then turn to Chris. "It's our social worker" I whisper to him right before hearing her knock again. I sigh 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘪𝘵. I open the door "oh, hello" I say smiling. I'm gonna be honest, our social worker is really pretty. Not in a weird way or a romantic way she's just really pretty. "Hey honey, can I talk to Linda?" She asks "um.... About that... " I trail off and look at Chris for help. "They're gone..... Like went to an adult cruise before we woke up kind of gone" Chris just says. Our social workers face dropped "what?! How long have to been alone?!" She asks. "Since yesterday morning" I answer. Linda and Mark are gonna be on trouble...... But what's gonna happen to us?

Nicole, that's the social worker's name by the way, had us pack our bags and took us to her office. Both me and Chris were confused as to what the hell was happening, because all we were told was she had good news for us but she would need to make some calls.

___________________________________

650 words

Sorry it took me a hot minute to update. 😅