Chapter 3

Chris's POV (let's switch it up a bit)

Me and Emma are waiting out side of Nicole's office door. I'm assuming she's talking to Linda and jerk face since she said '𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈' I'm still wondering how long they were gonna be gone. After a few minutes she said goodbye and I guess called someone else. "Hello? Yes this is Nicole....... I apologize but there's been a change of plans...... Oh, no no not at all. The change is you'll have to pick them up at my office...... Ok.... I'll see you soon Mr Brock" then she hangs up the phone "Mr who now?!" I ask in an whisper yell "that better not be the Brock we know" Emma whispers back. Nicole comes to the door and asks if we would come on for a talk. She sits behind her desk as we sit across from her. I've always liked her office, she had painting all over the walls. There were three that were my favorite. One was an oil painting by Donate..... Um... I don't remember his last name but it a painting of a woman combing her red curly hair. Another one was the fallen angel, Lucifer, I don't know who painted it but it's pretty to look at, the third is a honestly good looking man.... I think it's supposed to be um..... Asmodeus! That's it, it's Lucifer, Asmodeus and I'm not sure what the lady's name is. She's pretty though. "Ok, the both of you have been in the system for 5 years, quite a while right? Well, the good news is you're being adopted...... Today" she says with a smile "sorry what?" Emma asks dumb founded. "Hold on, today?! Like they're picking US up... Today?!" I ask still trying to process the sentence she sai-oh shit! Wait.... The Mr Brock dude is gonna adopt us?! I look over at Emma and see she probably just connected too. "Wait..... Is the Mr Brock guy the one adopting us?" Emma asks without clarifying we over heared her conversation. "No, He's adopting you. His best friend is adopting Christopher. But they live together so you'll be in the same house" she explains. "Could i ask what this Mr Brock's first name is?" I ask. "Yeah it's uh.... Cole" she answered after taking a quick look at the file in front of her. Both mine and Emma's jaws DROP. "Is his best friend by any chance.... Sam Golbach?" Emma asks "Yes, I'm assuming both of you know them from youtube?" She asks with a smile "yep... We sure do" I say..... This isn't happening..... Sam and Colby...... Are adopting us?!?! Oh god. We're about to meet Sam and Colby for the first time AND go to their home. We can NOT screw this up.

After about an hour of waiting and rising anxiety, Nichole gets a call. "Hello..... Ok.... Well come to the parking lot... I'll bring the papers with me... Ok we're coming" she hangs up then stands up grabbing papers and a clip board. "Grab your bags, time to meet them" she starts walking down the hallway to the front door as we follow close behind. We walk outside and there was two men.

It's them...... IT'S ACTUALLY NO SHIT FUCKING SAM AND COLBY!

Breath Chris, you need to breath. They look up at us with a smile. "Hello, these the papers?" Colby asks Nicole as she hands them the clipboard. "It sure is, and these are the kids" she says with a smile. I look at Emma and she looks..... Calm?! I know, oh I KNOW she's freaking out on the inside.

They finish signing the papers "ok, looks like your all good to go!" Nicole says with a smile "mind I take these, just putting them in the trunk." Sam says reaching for our belongings "oh, here. Thanks" I say handing him my stuff as Emma does the same "ok, I'll give a call in a few months to check up on you two." She says as she begins to walk. Away "wait Nicole." Emma says before she gets too far "I keep meaning to ask but always forget. What's the name of the red haired lady in the oil painting?" Emma asks. Nicole seemed.... Happy about the question. "Her name is Lilith honey. She was the first wife of Adam." She answered then just walked off. Ok then- "wanna get in the car?" Colby asks while opening his own door. "Sure" Emma says and just..... Gets in? I honestly thought this would be so much longer that it was. Anyways I get in the car right before Sam does "oh no we're getting kidnapped by ghost hunters" I say jokingly "I'm not complaining" Emma says with a laugh "oh, so you know us from YouTube?" Sam asks as he puts his seatbelt on. "Yep, so are we the surprise or something?" Emma asks making them laugh "well that's if you wanna be on our channel or not" Colby says. "That's something well have to sit on. Cause if we were to give you as answer right this second it would be a hell yes but it would an impulsive decision." Emma explains "why do you have to be so honest?" I ask as if it was a problem "your the one who tattled on Mark and Linda" she responds "ok fair" I simply say "who?" Sam asks "that's the names of the foster parents we just had" I say "are they the reason we had to pick you two at the office?" Colby asks "yeah, the went on an adult cruise and left us at home.... Alone might I add" Emma says "they what?!" Sam says clearly ticked off by what she said.

___________________________________

974 words

I know it's a whole ass family court thing that needs to happen however I'm not that patient