Chapter 2: Gone For Good

The door slammed behind me, the impact of wood on wood making tears spring to my eyes. So much for feeling empty, I thought as I rushed down the building's stairs. I had to get away from Alexander. Tonight... he just... it hurt more than usual. My chest ached and my lungs screamed for oxygen. And it was all his fault.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I pushed through the door to my left and stumbled into the underground car park. Reaching my vehicle, I grabbed the keys from my pocket, unlocked the door, and rifled around for the journal hidden under the passenger seat. It was the one place it could be kept safe without being found. No one, no one, was allowed near this car but me. Especially not Alexander. He had caused enough damage.

Once the black, hard-backed journal was tucked underneath my arm, I locked the car once again and pocketed the keys. I caught my reflection in the window and shuddered at the sight of myself. My chocolate brown hair was in one of those original, messy, horrid looking pony tails - not a pretty, I-didn't-try-at-all-hehe type things. No. Full blown messy, with strands pulled out and massive lumps in random places. Hideous.

I turned away and began the long, tiresome trek to the lookout. The lookout was a simple railing propped on the side of a cliff face mountain. A picnic table had been awkwardly placed, almost like it had fallen from the sky and decided to land where it pleased. Luckily for me, that landing happened to be dangerously close to the edge, and the lip of the table even grazed the protective barrier. Everything about the lookout was beautiful, but the sight of the city was certainly its best feature. Lately, it had been my refuge.

Looking at my watch, it was around 2am when my body collapsed onto the Lookout Table. I wasn't tired, at least not physically. I felt defeated and alone and the one person I needed in that moment wasn't there. And all of a sudden it dawned on me: he was never coming back. No matter how much I screamed and cursed about it, he was gone. For good.

But oh, I love you, I love you, I love you. Jonathon, my best friend- I need you back. I'm so sorry for everything, but please, I beg you, just come back to me.