REMINISCENCE.

'I am not doing this...I'm not!'

'But what if this is it?'

'Is this my light at the end of the tunnel?'

Out of five fairytale stories, three end badly. The other two end tragically. Such is the belief that she has. This fairytale story is quite promising but would end no differently from the others. One might think that this is just mere scepticism, engraved into the mind and becoming a way of life. However, there is more to the story than meets the eye. Right there in the depths of her memories, she remembers. Once upon a time, she decided to slightly tilt her way of life. She decided to perhaps look for a light in that deep dark tunnel. To perhaps have some warmth and comfort for herself. That moment when she let everything go, a faint sense of guilt in the background, but not enough to overturn her hopes. Alas! That faint feeling soon came to light. Not a very bright light, but one enough to illuminate her mistake. Her fairytale, just like the rest, had ended. One might wonder what such an experience would do to someone. Quite a simple answer in this case, but not so simple. The high walls she has built around herself, and the impenetrable door. The tinted window that allows her to see the outside, but no one to see the inside. Above all, the guard that prevents anyone and anything near the walls. None of these built themselves, none of these is without cause. When she thinks of the strange stranger, the fairytale memory comes rushing back, with an urgent hint of caution. 

And yet, even in the middle of all this, the question remains;

'Could this be it?'