CHAP FIVE

My doorbell rang and Normani put her hand up and went and answered it. A woman waltzed into my living room with Normani and three men behind her. Two of the men were holding the other man. The two tall men in suits threw the man on the ground in front of me. I looked over at the woman who I assumed was Rihanna and felt my cheeks get warm. She was pretty, she looked tall in her heels and dark plum colored suit. She had light skin, green eyes and her hair cut in a short pixie cut. She half smiled smugly at me and nodded to me.

"You have a lovely home."

"Thank you. You must be Rihanna."

"That's me. Mani has quite the crush-"

"Shut up before I shoot you, Ri. Alright, you see this man right here? He's a theif. And a child predator. He raped his seven year old niece and still got to go free. He deserves death. So go ahead. Show me what you can do. Deliver his karma."

Normani had a different look in her eye, like she loved to see murder and death. She reveled in it. I looked over at Rihanna and she had an eyebrow raised, arms crossed.

"I wanna show you something. You.. you already saw but, you didn't believe me so I'll show you again. Do you have a knife?"

"I do!"

Rihanna took a pocket knife from her pocket and threw it to me. The man looked up at me like he was afraid. I smiled down at him.

"If you really did all the stuff they said you did, then you deserve this."
I opened the knife and sliced him across his face, making him hiss in pain. As soon as I smelled the blood, my eyes began to burn and I know they had turned red when Rihanna took a step back like she was afraid. I smiled at her, showing my fangs.

"Yo, Mani what the fuck? What the fuck is she?!"

"Just watch."

I grabbed the protesting man's throat and sunk my teeth into his neck. Blood went flying onto the floor and my clothes. The dark liquid tasted amazing going down my throat. When I got done, I threw the man to the floor. My eyes stopped burning and my fangs retreated once again. I looked at Rihanna and she looked scared and slightly disgusted. Normani was smiling at me.

"Alright, get his body outta here and get rid of it. Thanks for bringing him, Ri."

"Yeah... right. So... your little girlfriend is a vampire? Like a actual, real, live vampire? I mean, are there more of you?"

"Stop asking so many questions and go and wait for me outside."

"Whatever. Uhm, see you around, Beyonce."

I waved to her as she left the house with the two men who were carrying the man who I'd bitten. Normani walked up to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"That was... something."

"You believe me now?"

"I sure do. And I'm intrigued."

"Why?"

"I wanna know more about you. But not tonight. I only have one last question tonight."

"What's that?"

"Why trust me? I mean, you've obviously been keeping a low profile for awhile, didn't even want me to know your name. So why do this?"

"Maybe because I'm tired of living like this. All alone, all the time. I...want a friend."

"Just a friend?"

"I mean... do you want more?"

She smiled at me and rubbed some blood off of my neck, rubbing it in between her fingers.

"I might. Have a good rest of your night, Bey. I'll be seeing you around."

She winked at me before turning around and walking out of the door, leaving me to think about the events of tonight. Why was a good question. Did I really just want a friend? Or did I secretly wish I could turn her into an everlasting being like myself so she could be with me forever?
*****