Mathematics

Next week I and Eva came closer. She was now my best friend. I realized that she is much nicer than I thought. She didn't like to talk about her mother who died when she was small. So she knew about how a person's life is important. She also understood quickly that I didn't like to talk about my own parents' death. I started to confide in her. She also liked to talk to me. I didn't meet Theodore after that meeting.
He seemed to ignore me during maths lectures. I did the same. It seemed to bug me at the back of my head though. I and Eva Sat together through lunch. The lunch given in this school was hundred times better than what we were given in my last school in the U.S. Eva was talking to me about the last Gucci dress she bought. My eyes flickered over to the table where Theodore was sitting with his group in the middle of the cafeteria. I was looking for Theodore. His eyes also flickered to me. I saw his eyes sad. He nodded to me and I nodded to him back. I knew instantly that something kept him from talking to me. I asked Eva about Theodore. She said,"he belongs to very rich family. His father is the owner of the Gromma group of industries. " She looked amused at my expression. The Gromma industries were famous. Everyone knew about them,the rumors and about Caliope Gramm who I now know to be Theodore's father. They were very wealthy. I didn't know how to react. He was wealthy and he didn't have anything to do with a girl named Natalia.
After lunch, we had Mathematics, I reached the class early. I started doodling on a blank sheet of paper. I didn't notice the person the person sitting beside me. "Umm...hello,"he said. I looked at him. Last lecture there was nobody sitting beside me. Was he absent the last lecture? "Hi", I replied. "Are you my partner?",he asked me. I answered, "if you're the one who sits here, then I'm your partner." He smiled a friendly smile and said, "I'm Alexander. And you are?" "I'm Natalia", I replied and went down to complete my design. I was still occupied of thoughts of Theodore. You are very naive, Natalia. How can a boy like Theodore even notice you. Notice you? My mind was obviously making up various ridiculous situations. "Are you new in the school, Natalia?" I nodded. "I wasn't here on your first day. I had some important work to do." Ok, fine. But why are you explaining all this to me. At that timr, the maths professor entered the classroom. He was giving instructions of today's assignment. Today was a group assignment. Since this class's strength was 153, we were supposed to work in threes. At this point of instruction, Alexander came near me and said,"since you are new here, we would pair up. I'll call someone from Rafaeli's group." After that I nodded at his words and concentrated on professor. We would be 30 sums, each member of the group had to solve at least 10. It should be easy, Natalia. You studied this just day before yesterday. I smiled to myself. I looked at Alexander. He was cute and handsome, in his chocolate brown hair and green eyes. Yes, he is protective. Of me? I grinned at myself. At this time, Theodore came to our table and said, "hey can I join you?" Alexander just said,"sure, you can. I was just going to ask to Rafaeli to save someone for us. Join us. Meet Natalia. She's new. He's Theodore, Nate." I was about to point out that I already knew Theodore. Theodore spoke,"no need for introductions, Alexander. Clumsy and I have already met." Wow, I was getting so many nicknames-clumsy and Nate. Really sappy names. I and Alexander shifted a little in our already small bench to accommodate Theodore. I was wedged between the two boys. My day wasn't looking up I suppose.