if only they knew

Y/n Age: 14

A/n: I wrote this a few months ago so if you think this is shit, I'm aware, i feel like i've improved a bit since i wrote this so bare that in mind. That being said i still have loadsss of room for improvement so feel free to lmk how you think I can improve.

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's Pov:

I was a month in at my new shitty school. I hated it. I hated everything in my life recently, i don't know why, maybe it was the fact that my mom was in the middle of the international leg of her tour. She'd been back for a month and was going to be for another two months, but her only being around every now and then was hard. She was also really busy with the release of her new album being soon, i was really proud of her, and knew that she tried to make me her top priority, i am her top priority, but still, it never felt that way.

School was hard, i liked the lessons and found that bit easy, but it was the friends part that i found harder. I was in a friend group but I was new to it and it was obvious, i never really felt included. No one knew i was the daughter of Taylor Swift either, and i was happy with that, it just overcomplicated things.

I was sitting at the lunch table, staring at my plate, not eating much, i didn't really enjoy the school food.

"Ahhh guys I'm so happy my mom let me get tickets to the David Kushner concert" Hannah said.

"Stop, you're so lucky I've literally never been to a concert before, my parents worry about them too much." Sofia replied, others agreed.

"Oh my god that actually sucks so much, i'm literally so excited. Y/n have you ever been to a concert?" Hannah said, i was actually taken aback by the fact she acknowledged me considering it was the first time in like a week anyone in my friend group had specifically spoken to me.

"Oh, um yea i guess." I said, pretty quietly.

"What do you mean i guess, what concert was it?" She chuckled lightly.

"I've been to a few Taylor Swift concerts, i just said i guess bc i didn't really have a choice in going, if you know what i mean." I said, trying to avoid a whole conversation about my mom, even though i actually love her concerts.

"Ugh, that sounds horrible, i'd hate to be forced to go to one of her concerts she's so annoying." Hannah replied. My cheeks flushed red. I don't know why, i just get awkward when people talk about my mom, especially when they're talking shit about her. I looked down and continued to stare at my plate, while my friends carried on discussing their dislike for Taylor Swift.

"Omg i know right, i can't put my finger on it theres just something so repulsive about her, she can't even sing and all her songs sound the same." Another girl said. I didn't wanna say anything, these were my only friends, they didn't have to like my mom. It hurt to listen to though. Even still, i sat there for the next 5 minutes listening to them shit talk my mom until the bell interrupted them. I couldn't wait for the day to be over. If only they knew, maybe then they'd at least hate my mum behind my back, or even save me the misery and just tell me they didn't want to hang out with me.

I couldn't deal with this day anymore, lunch had only just ended and we still had 2 periods left. I decided i was gonna try my luck and fake sick to the nurse. On my way down i splashed some water on my face to create an effect that i was sweating and clutched my stomach as if my it hurt.

"Hi honey, can i help?" The nurse questioned.

"Um, y-yeah, i just threw up and i'm really not feeling good." I replied, stuttering as if i was feeling weak, slightly slurring my speech.