Chapter 16

Ever since I got off the plane, confessed my love to Paul and his love to me, I have been on cloud nine. Of course, I didn't contact Dad or Bella because I knew that they would run their mouths, so I decided to surprise them the next day...and boy was it loud.

Not only did I get yelled at for leaving the plane, but also for not getting onto the correct one. I also got yelled at for not calling and saying that I changed my mind about going to New York, so I also had to call the college that I applied to and tell them that I have changed my mind and would be going to one near home.

I also got yelled at by Bella for not supporting and comforting her right at the time when vampire left her, and also now that I don't care about her safety.

Let's just say that Monday was a whole lot better because I actually moved out of Dad's, with his permission, and moved back into Emily's place, which got her and Paul really excited since I would be closer to them.

But it was also the day before the battle. The last day that I would have with the entire pack before they go off tomorrow to fight the newborn vampires - who are a lot stronger than the entire pack family. Me, Emily, and Kim were informed that it would be better if we stayed with Billy until everything is over.

So here I am right now, spending my last day with the entire pack at Emily's place, laughing at a stupid joke Embry said.

"Seriously Embry...when you say something its pure gold," I joked making him smile.

"Thanks, Sephy," he replied. "Man, I still can't believe you didn't leave."

I shrugged my shoulders before looking at Paul. "If I left it would have been the end of me and Paul. Also, I didn't want to see you guys once or twice a year, so yeah, I stayed."

Emily and Kim awed while the pack gagged and coughed, making me and Paul laugh. "Seriously guys? Like you two don't have imprints and wouldn't survive it if they left?"

Both Sam's and Jared's expressions changed and made them pull their imprints closer to them, making me awe.

"Jake, will you be okay with going by yourself?" I asked looking at him with concern.

"Yes," he replied. "I'm doing this to help and protect Bella."

"Dude, you know that she will always choose Cullen," Quil said, making Jake scowl at him. "Why do you keep torturing yourself like this? Get over her already. It's going to become a pity party sooner rather than later."

"Quil shut up!" Jake yelled, standing up and in the process knocking his chair backwards. "You have already imprinted on someone that is twice younger than you, so stick your bloody arse out of my business."

With that being said, Jake run out of the house, with me getting off Paul's lap and running after Jake, making Paul and everyone else yell after me. I quickly catched up to Jake, pulled him by his arm, making him turn around and pull him into a hug.

He buried his face into the crook of my neck and cried. "I can't do this anymore, Elena. I try so hard to be the guy that she would want, but she, no matter what happens, choses him. What does he have that I don't?"

"Immortality," I whispered, making him become stiff in my arms. "She wants to become just like him. She's a selfish bitch, Jake. Don't fall for one of her kinds."

He pulled away and looked into my eyes. "I know your right, but do you think she'll change her mind maybe?"

I shook my head. "She already made up her mind."

We both sighed before Jake pulled me back into a quick hug. "Thank you for being my friend, Sephy."

"You're welcome, Jakey," I replied before pulling away. "Now go and be careful. I don't want to see you or anyone else hurt. Except the Cullen's maybe."