𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

check in when you're here!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 nine

[𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝]

IN SPITE OF SOLANGE'S BLASE ATTITUDE, THE ABOUT RUMORS ABOUT HER WHICH WERE STARTING TO SEEM TRUE, HER PUNCHING MAXINE—EVERYTHING, GINNY CONSIDERED THE GIRL A FRIEND.

Out of everyone in Wellsbury, Solange would've been the first person to go to about the reveal of her secret aunt and younger cousin.

The two texted pretty often, and spoke whenever the girl stopped in Blue Farm for food, which was surprisingly almost everyday.

Ginny found her advice helpful, and considered it seriously unlike everyone else's. They were both two girls with fucked up families, and didn't fit into a cookie cutter mold like everyone else around them, they needed to stick together.

Recently, Solange had been busier, and Ginny had to fight to talk with her outside of school, and outside of Blue Farm. It would've been hard even if Solange wasn't busy, like nailing down a live fly, but whatever she was up to nowadays—she said it was skateboarding—made it ten times harder. Eventually, they'd decided on a Thursday for Solange to come over, Ginny would rant, Solange would eat snacks, and then they'd watch a movie.

But Ginny came home, saw Georgia and her apparent aunt, Maddie, and just couldn't take it anymore. She had to tell someone. Hunter was her next go to, but after it was all over she wish she would've waited for Thursday.

"I mean who does that? She told me her parents were dead, that they died in a terrible boating accident, and that she was an orphan. With a straight face she said that to me." She told him.

"Yeah, it's weird."

Ginny could tell by the way Hunter said it that this would be one of the things they didn't agree on. Mentally, she strapped down and prepared to argue her point. "It's psychotic! I don't even want to talk about this anymore."

Hunter let silence fall for a moment before saying anything else. "You know you're really beautiful, right?" He rubbed his thumb on her chin and turned her head to face him.

"You're just saying that to calm me down. Cause it's working, keep going."

Their conversation was nice, then it progressed to nice kissing, and then Georgia texted.

"What am I supposed to do?" Ginny questioned. "Have dinner with them? Start posting family pics and pretend like all of this is super normal?"

"Maybe she had her reasons?"

And in that moment, coming from Hunter with his picture perfect family and cookie cutter life, Ginny felt as if she was being judged. "Whose side are you on?"

"Yours! I'm just saying, they're here now, and they are your family. I think it's really cool, I'd be stoked."

"I'm not stoked. I feel like I don't even know who my mother is. She's not this tragic orphan who had to go through everything alone. If she's lying about this what else is she lying about?"

.

"So yeah, I should've just waited for you."

Ginny and Solange sat in Ginny bed sharing a bowl of popcorn, The Princess and the Frog, was paused on the tv and disregarded.