iii.

Saya kept staring at Saanjh with wide eyes

Saya kept staring at Saanjh with wide eyes. She couldn't believe her ears, that the man, who hasn't said a single word to her in the past one year, had just said Hello to her.

And Gosh! The way her name sounds so sweet from his mouth!

"Hello?" He asked again, waving his hands in front of Saya's face to get her out of her reverie. She came back, and realised what a fool she must have looked to him.

So she cleared her throat and turned her head straight towards the wall with the photographs again.

While Saanjh chuckled.

Saya frown.

"What?" She asked.

"What." He repeated.

"Why did you chuckle?" She side eyed him and he raised his hands in mock surrender.

"I swear it was a force of moment. Nothing intentional." He replied and she shake her head in a node.

"It better be this way." She replied and he smiled. The kind of smile which reached one's eyes. So sweet that she kept looking at him, then blinked, and looked away again.

"So umm....what were you saying?" Saya asked him after a moment of silence.

"Nothing. Just wanted to say hello." Saanjh shrugged and kept staring at her. To him, she was the finest art he ever saw. The kind of art which inflicts so many emotions in one. From anxious to free, from hate to care, from like to love. Every single of them. Like the last hope for humanity.

And being an extraordinary artist, he wanted to preserve and adore this art forever.

"Well then, hello to you too." She said and smiled at him. The kind which one does when he or she gets butterflies in their tummy. And Saya was absolutely experiencing this right now.

"What is your age." He asked all of a sudden.

"Umm..twenty one. Why?" She replied not understanding why would someone be so interested in a carrot looking girl's age.

"I see..." He replied in a daze. Saya frowned.

"Why- what is your age?" She asked, not sure whether to ask or not.

"Me? Twenty four." He replied as his eyes shone in hope.

He was afraid she might not see him the way he see her. He was afraid she might think of him as a freak. He was afraid she might reject him in a blink. So he never approached her before.

But today, at the dinning table, he saw the way she kept stealing glances of him. Somewhere in his heart, he knew she likes him too. And Somewhere in her heart, she also knows that he knows her this secret.

"Yea, you look mature than Soham afterall." She replied. She knew he was older than Soham. She just didn't knew how much older.

"Of course I do." He muttered under his breathe and sit straight on the couch.

"How's studies going on?" He asked her who nodded before replying, "good. Mechanical process are giving us a little headache, rest is fine." She replied and he nodded. "You like engineering, right?" He asked scrunitizing her. She frown.

"Of course I like it. Why would have I taken the course had I not liked it?" She replied and he smiled. "True." He replied.

For a moment, his deep voice caught her off gaurd. She was in despair about anything Saanjh related since last one year, but today all her dreams are coming true slowly.

"How's your art gallary going?" She turned the topic on him. He smiled before answering, "It's amazing. Nowadays a little hectic since this is the season of exhibitions and workshops, rest is fine." He replied to her.

They continued chatting a little more about their personal lives, until Saanjh asked something to her.

"So...do you have a boyfriend?" He asked a little anxiously. Saya froze on her spot.

What does it mean if a guy ask you whether you have a boyfriend? Please God, don't give me false hopes. She was having a mental battle.

"Uhh....no." Her voice was very low. She wanted to add a why in the reply too but she chicken out.

"I see....then, do you have someone in mind?" He asked with a little hope. Saya wondered why.

"I.....yes. I do." She replied a little anxiously and the hope in his eyes went down. His face turned stoic and it made her heart wrench.

"Oh." Was all he replied.

I hope you liked this Chapter

Please share your thoughts.

Lots of love<3