// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠 //

hiraeth - part eighty-two

»»——⍟——««

       "What?" Goku tilted his head in confusion, his stomach fluttering with an uncomfortable anxious feeling. Something wasn't right. She should have known she was from universe seven, right? Why would she say otherwise?

Whis noticed the panic beginning to bubble within Goku, placing a hand on Y/n's shoulder as he gave her a soft smile. "I explained what I could, but they need to know. You need to tell them how much you remember."

Y/n's smile fell, her fingers digging into the fabric of her clothes as she swallowed nervously. Her eyes lifted to meet Goku's gaze, the look in his eyes begging and pleading for her to say what he wanted to hear, to say that she remembered. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she recounted her memories from as far back as she could.

"My furthest memory is having my powers awoken by Whis. I can't remember anything before that. It took me some time to adjust to being called by my real name, and not Saffa. I remember the time I spent training off Earth, and I remember having to fight for the Earth. But..." Y/n paused, the silence almost immediately suffocating. She didn't dare open her eyes, afraid to see their reactions. Afraid to see their disappointment. "I can't really remember much in between. My memories of living on Earth are really blurry, to the point that I don't know who I was back then..."

Once the words fell from her mouth, Y/n hesitantly peeked her eyes open, her heart being squeezed by the look of pure heartbreak written across Goku's face. Almost instinctively, she wanted to reach out to him, to comfort him and tell her she was sorry. She knew they had once been connected, she could still somewhat feel the emptiness that had been left behind in her when their connection had been shattered. Some days, Y/n had even wondered if Goku could feel the emptiness too, if he ever missed her as much as she did.

She sighed deeply, stepping forward hesitantly, as if nervous to approach Goku. Goku's eyes widened slightly, almost as if startled by her movements, as if not expecting her to be willing to get closer. She gave him a small, comforting smile, stepping forward to stand before him.

"That's not to say I don't remember you though. I know we were once close, and that's why I'm willing to help you. Besides, I kinda owe you guys for sorta becoming a villain," Y/n giggled, giving Goku a bright grin. Goku chuckled, his laughter making Y/n feel light. She had expected to never hear such a laugh again, and didn't realize just how much she had missed it.

"Well, it's good to see you're still lighthearted, Y/n," A voice spoke as she leaned into Goku's side, as if to gently nudge him out of the way playfully. Y/n's eyes met a pair of vibrant blue ones, immediately noticing the baby in her arms. But the look of confusion written across Y/n's face didn't go unnoticed by the woman, who simply decided to offer her hand to Y/n with a smile. "I'm Bulma. We used to be pretty good friends, do you remember me?"

"Ah, no... But it's nice to meet you- or see you again, I suppose..." Y/n nervously took Bulma's hand, the older woman giving it a firm shake, as if unbothered by Y/n's lack of memories. Her friendliness despite the situation made Y/n's heart flutter, not having expected everyone to be so friendly. It almost made Y/n wonder what she had ever been worried about that made her feel the need to leave.

Y/n's eyes widened as Bulma suddenly yanked her by the arm, holding Y/n at her side as everyone had promptly surrounded them, questions flying at Y/n too fast for her to even hear. Y/n's eyes widened as she felt a weight push into her arms, looking down to see bright blue eyes staring up at her curiously, tiny hands reaching to pull at her hair.