Part 20

first person

I put down my book for the hundredth time, not because people keep coming in no

I put down my book for the hundredth time, not because people keep coming in no. I've only had a few people come in today. But I keep putting my book down because I keep seeing things from the corner of my eye.

I'm getting irritated by it because I want to read but I keep losing my spot. So I close the book and walk over to the door, moving the sign to say closed. I'm going to run to the smoothie place to get something that will make me feel better.

I'm walking and thinking about all that's been going on. I met the three musketeers a few weeks ago and I've been feeling better then I've ever had. 

I smile as I think about them, which probably make me look crazy to the other people on the sidewalk. But oh well.

I think back to this afternoon when Jack came into the shop with me, and blush. I wanted to help him with his problem but I don't know how to do any of that. Maybe I'll ask them if they could teach me.

Yeah that's pretty smart! I'll do that tonight, wait I don't even know if they want to hang out tonight. We'll see.

----------------------------------

I've got my smoothie and I'm walking back to work when I see my manager at the closed door. Are you kidding me right now. I run up to him and i'm about to apologize when he raises his hand.

"Save it! I come back to see you at work and your not even there. And worse you have the store closed!" I look down at my feet and kick around a rock.

"It was slow today I just thought tha-" He slaps the cup out of my hand and all over my dress! I gasp and look down at my now pink cold covered dress with tears in my eyes.

"You always just think why can't you do what your told? Like are you actually stupid?" I look up at him with wide eyes. 

"I-I'm not! And I do, do what I'm told I-I just left for a f-few minutes! I swear." He rolls his eyes and gets into my face. "I don't give a fuck where you were or what you were doing, you should have been at that counter waiting for someone to walk in."

Now I'm crying and leaning away from him, He's not a big guy but still tall enough to scare me. "Go home. I don't want to see your face right now." I nod and wait until he gets into the store.

I don't want to go home I want to go see them. I turn towards the building I was in last time that I was having lunch with them. Will they get mad at me?

I walk over to the big building about walking to the sliding doors. I look at the receptionist before walking over to her.

"Um H-Hello, I'm L-Looking for Luke? Or-r Lillie?" She looks at me while chewing on some gum. "Do you have a appointment?"  "I-I don't but If you would j-just plea-ase tell them I'm h-here, th-hey know wh-ho I am."