2

Till now both of them were crying. Avni wiped Neil's eyes. Neil sat on his knees and Avni gasped looking at him.

Neil: Avni I...I...i

Neil gulped.

Neil: Avni I love you.

Avni's heartbeat stopped right at that moment and tears can't stop falling from her eyes and words can't be formed. Neil just got up and wiped her tears.

Neil: Avni please,  accept Adhira na.

Avni: Adhira?

Neil: I kept her name Adhira. Isn't it nice? It means strong and quick.

Avni: It's very nice. Can...uhh..Can I meet her?

Neil smiles and nods. He held her hand took her with him and saw his baby girl sitting their and was hicupping due to crying. He panicked and went to her and hugged her.

Neil: What happened to my baby. Why is she crying.

Adhira: You know baby, meri friend yaha se chali gayi ussko leke chale gaye. Abb mai akeli hogayi na.

( My friend is gone from here. They took her with them)

Neil: Areyy why are you crying I am there right. And you know I brought a new friend for you. You want to meet her?

Adhira: New friend? Yess yess where is she.

Neil pointed at Avni and she waved at Adhira.

Neil: See, doesn't she look like angel.

Adhira: Yes Neilu, she exactly looks like the angel of your stories.

Neil calls her near them. She came and sat on her knees like Neil and smiles at her.

Avni: Hi I am Avni.

Adhira: my name is Adhira. Can we be friends? I don't have any friends here. Ek thi but vo na chali gayi usske parents ke saath. Abb mai akeli hu.

( There was one but she is gone with her parents and now I am alone)

Avni smiles.

Avni: Yes I would love to be your friend.

Adhira: Yayyy. So will you stay with me here.

Avni: Sorry, I can't stay here.

Adhira became sad. Neil looks at her and gives her some chocolates and started tickling her distracting her from that thoughts. Later, they both were playing and Avni was sitting on the bench looking at them thinking something when a lady came and sat beside and it was the same lady she net earlier.

Shreya: How happy they look together right? Just like father-daughter. Avni, Neil really loved Adhira very much. Please give it a chance. Adhira is a nice girl, I know she is mischievous sometimes but really she is nice. Think about it once. Rest all is your wish.

Then after sometime they returned back home and on the way she said nothing. Neil tried talking to her but she was just nodding her head in response. After reaching home, Avni went inside the house without telling anything to Neil. Neil thought that maybe she didn't like Adhira and was not ready to adopt her. Avni sighs sadly and goes in. They had their dinner and after that came to the room.

Neil was standing in his balcony when Avni came and stood beside him. Neil looked at her and then at the moon smiling.

Avni: Neil...

Neil: Yes..

Avni: I am ready to adopt Adhira.

Neil: You don't have to do this for me. I know I requested you for this but it's totally fine if you don't want I will not force you.