Before him

Song of the chapter - Eastside, Benny Blanco (ft Halsey and Khalid)

It only takes 15 minutes for me to walk to work and that is about 5 whole songs. 

15 minutes of pure peace inbetween the reality of homelife and worklife.

I started this job when I was about 16, I was the only one in my friend group who left school but then again I was the only one in my friend group whos life didn't fully revolve around school. I was never as smart as them but for some reason it was the group I had gravitated to when I moved into the city. 

Either way Jane, my boss, took me under her wing when we met. She was the owner of an established Estate Agency. They needed someone young to run their social media, website etc and well I needed something to do... and believe me I wasn't picky.

I hit puberty while at this job there is no denying that. I used to be skinnier with acne and brownish hair, i've always been happy with the way i look but I seem to have grown into myself over the years. I got boobs, bleached my hair, birth-control cleared up the acne and gave me boobs thank god and a tiny bit of lipfiller to top it off. I found that as I got older and these changes happened so did the way men treated me. The office I work at is female only, since Jane is a woman I suppose she was naturally inclined to keep the female energy going and it worked since our office is the most popular in the city. It's the other male agents we collaborate with or creepy clients that made me notice the difference in my new mature look.

I wouldn't say im cold hearted. I simply don't believe in love, unless it's the type in a film or book, and every experience i've had with men up until now solidifies that. Instead i'd rather stay in my own lane, make money and make men cry.

Anyway,

5 years later and i'm still there with amazing co-workers, great pay, a fulfilling job and an apartment 15 minutes down the road.

My 15 minutes of bliss.

I put my headphones in my bag before I push open the glass door and enter the office. After signing in and doing the standard good mornings I take a seat at my desk, wiping off a few petals that had fallen off my roses.

'Your roses are dead' a voice points out abruptly making me jump.

'Holy shit Kate' I gasp 'You can't sneak up like that, not on a Monday anyway' 

She giggles before taking a seat infront of me, whipping her warm curly hair around as she says 'Do you want me to take them outside, im heading that way anyway'

'No, it's okay thanks... I prefer them this way' I smile

She stares at me and then to the roses 'what? dead?'

I nod as I get my paperwork out my bag, Kate takes this as her dismissal and leaves.

I prepare for 8 hours of staring at the clock

waiting for my next 15 minutes of bliss.