INTRODUCTION!

GOOD GIRLS are polite and always get good grades

GOOD GIRLS are polite and always get good grades. They don't misbehave, they don't back talk, and they don't get in trouble. Anastasia Cooper was a good girl, the kind her teachers and parents liked. She was well-behaved in school, got straight A's, was fluent in French, and could do math easily in her head. She even participated in numerous extracurricular activities, always lending a helping hand whenever needed. Her room was impeccably tidy, her homework always completed ahead of time, and her weekends often filled with volunteering at the local animal shelter. Anastasia never missed a curfew and was the epitome of reliability and responsibility.

Though no one knew this good girl had a rebel side. No one knew she was secretly dating a boy who was two years older than her and that he was the definition of the boy you shouldn't bring home to your parents. No one knew snuck out at night to visit her boyfriend or go on late night rides with him on his motorcycle. No one knew she snuck him in sometimes at night, through her bedroom window when her parents were asleep. No one knew that she and her secret boyfriend often hid out in the back corner of the library to make out during lunch or study hall. They all thought she was a good girl, a perfect little angel who wouldn't dare to be anything bad.

Marcus Baker didn't know what to think when he saw his best friend sneaking out of her room and rushing down the street to meet a guy that was parked a few blocks down. He didn't know who the guy was, but from what he could see he was wearing a leather jacket, black jeans, and his hair was long and slicked back. It was also dark, so he couldn't see the guy's face, but he had a feeling it was someone Anastasia probably shouldn't be meeting up with. He knew he didn't really have the right to judge, considering how he wasn't someone she should be involved with either. 

They were complete opposites. He was the brooding, stoner type who barely scraped by in school and had a tendency to get in trouble. Yet since they were babies, Anastasia had always stuck by his side. They'd known each other their whole lives and grew up as neighbors across the street. They had spent countless summers together, building blanket forts, climbing trees, and making up their own games and adventures. And once they got older, they would stay up late, talking and sharing their hopes and dreams and deepest secrets.