𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

„Jealous, sweetheart?"

ヾ࿐ྀུ ♡

Nikki sat next to you, the wave of cold coming from the floor of the porch step passing through his body. The wind that beat against you was light, but freezing. He looked at you in a mixture of surprise and confusion, staring at your shoulders covered only by the thin strap of your red tank top and how his body didn't shiver even an inch from the cold.

„Looks like you're going to sleep here, sweetheart." You quickly turned back to see your brother Vince sprawled out on the couch, laughing at the thought that with a little push he could fall to the ground. „What did he take?" you asked. „I don't know, but i think i want to take it too." You both laughed softly before silence fell over you two again.

Not that you minded, you just took another drag of your cigarette and continued looking at the empty street in front of Nikki's porch. With him, it was different. Not that he generally cared what people thought of him, but he wanted you to like him, not only as the bass player in your brother's garage band, so every time it was just the two of you.

He approached and tried to get your attention. You two talked a lot about music, even if your
favorite artists didn't look much alike, he discovered that you were an eclectic person, that was a little into the heavy and hard rock after spending nights discovering bands with your brother. He would never admit that a lot of what you said in these conversations may have influenced just a little what he wanted to do with the band, but he thought that even if you were a girl, you knew what you were talking about.

He also left some flirtations in the middle of
conversations, which you laughed and ignored, taking as a joke. But when Nikki sees you like this, cigarette between your lips, street lights illuminating your skin and no trace of you going to continue the conversation on your face, he feels pressured. Pressured to do it himself. because, besides the fact that he simply wants some attention from you, he thinks he can't bear to keep staring at you like that, even though it's a pleasant sight.

„So it's a good name, right? „Mötley Crüe"." he started, trying to bring up a random topic. In this case, the name of the band, which had been decided today. „It's fucking good. Ive never seen a name like that before. Mick is definitely a being of light sent to guide you, because i swear i would never let my brother play in a band called Christmas." You laughed, remembering the stupid name Nikki had considered earlier.

„It wasn't „Christmas" and it was a social critique, Neil!" he said defensively.
„It's still pretty bad, Sixxter." you smiled when you saw him chuckling with the nickname. "But seriously, it's original. No way of a band „Mötley Crüe" not be successful. The syllables sound like fame. m-o-t-l-e-y-c-r-u-e. see it?"

He knew it was a joke, but he saw sense in what you said. He thought it was cute how you believed in the band. You went with them to look for Vince, you watched all the rehearsals and sometimes Nikki even let you take a look at the lyrics and give some suggestions for the songs. You were actually following them like a fifth member of the band, and he knew it was because of Vince. the first thing he noticed, you would do anything for your brother, but you would never admit it.

„Really, you're pretty good. The only thing i would change is my brothers whore girlfriend." Nikki held back a hysterical laugh. he didn't totally hate Vince's girlfriend. Of course, she was pretty and liked to spend her time putting the rest of the band down to highlight Vince, but damn, she was hot. Unlike you, who hated her with all your strength. you've lost count of how many times you've held yourself back from hitting her in the face, but you know it was a lot.

Usually, when Vince brought her to watch rehearsals, you hid in the kitchen and drank while listening to the muffled music. Well, you had a mutual hatred. „Ah, she's not that bad."
„She literally tried to fuck tommy last week!"
„Wow, he's a lucky man." he laughed as your hand hit his shoulder, scolding him. „God, men are so desperate" you sighed as you threw your cigarette on the floor before squeezing it under your shoe, putting it out.

„You will really deny she's pretty?" you blushed at the question. „You are really saying you wanna fuck the daddy's girl who says you're not good enough for her boyfriend, who is literally on the same page as you?" „Jealous, sweetheart?" he asked you with a mischievous smile. You rolled your eyes. „For the guy who would even fuck a mannequin as long as it had a pair of legs?" you said as you stood up and walked to the kitchen. Nikki passed the room before following you, taking something from his backpack.

When he caught up with you in the kitchen, you were mixing vodka with liquor, two things he had no idea were in his fridge. You noticed he kept both hands suspiciously behind his back as he waited for you to finish your drink. You drop the two bottles on the table and bring the glass to your lips, swallowing the bitter taste of alcohol with ease. „What you got there?" he laughed and walked to the table, facing you.

He leaves a small package on the table and looks at you smiling. „For you, gold dust woman." You rolled your eyes at the nickname and offered him the glass. He took a sip as he watched you unwrap the wrapping. You ran your fingers over the plastic, automatically recognizing the cd titles just by the covers. You smiled, wondering why Nikki Sixx, of all people, would be giving this to you. You quickly realized that he was probably sticking to what you said in your conversations, or it was too much of a coincidence that he chose your two favorite albums.

You looked at him with a smug smile on your face. „You bought this for me, bassist?" Yes, he did. „No." he answered quickly. „My...uh...i went to a friend's house and he said he would donate some things. I brought these for you. It's your favorites, right?" You thought it was cute how he bothered to lie even when the cds looked untouched for how new they were and had the store sticker on the back.

„Yes, they are." you smiled genuinely. It took you a while to consider Nikki a nice guy. At first, you thought he was nothing but talented and  desperate for a job. After a few early mornings like this, you liked him. Not like Tommy, who sometimes acted like he was a god, but definitely liked him. You soon understood why you allowed yourself to get closer to him. He was the first person who seemed to care. You didn't loved music because your brother was into it, and he was the first one who noticed it. He was the first to hear you monologuing about records and artists and didn't take it as some passing interest.

You felt your back hit the soft mattress, automatically relaxing onto the bed. Nikki, who carried you bridal style to the bed, dropped your gift on the side dresser and looked at you again.
„Comfortable, sweetheart? Want another pillow?" „ No, this bed feels like heaven." you moaned at the pleasure of your muscles relaxing as you stretched out on the bed. Your drunken voice was obvious. you drank that entire glass while babbling random things to Nikki, hearing him agree with everything while laughing.

He thought you had enough after you almost fell over while hugging him, thanking him for the gift for probably the fifth time that night. He nodded and turned, showing that he was going to leave the room. that's when he felt your hand grab his wrist, feeling your long nails gently scratching the spot. you pulled lightly, making him involuntarily take a step closer to the bed.
„Where are you going?" you whined. „To sleep. I'll stay on the couch with Vince."

He smirked and tried to move away again, being stopped by an even stronger pull on his wrist, this time making him fall on the bed. „Vince is like, aaaaaall sprawled out on the couch, you'll never be able to squeeze in there with him." you said slurred, struggling to keep your eyes open.
„Is this your excuse for not saying you want me to sleep with you, sweetheart?" he said while stroking his own shoulder that had hit the bed too hard.

You laughed and blushed. I mean, Nikki is pretty sure he saw you blush. His cheeks already had a pinker tone than normal because of the drink, but he's sure it got a little stronger. He wished he had gotten closer. He could only faintly smell the drink. He wished he could smell you. He wished he had run his fingers through the curves in the length of your hair. He wanted to touch his lips to your face. He didn't understand why, but in that moment, the first time he felt comfortable with the silence between you, he wanted to touch you.
but he didn't.

He watched the way you slowly accepted the sleep. His eyes closing as he listened to your murmurs getting quieter and quieter. You were even more beautiful when you slept. he's never seen you so relaxed before. It's angelic, delicate, untouchable. and when he thinks he's falling asleep, sad because he'll only be able to see you when he wakes up, it's you he dreams of.