Bird

The coach continued, "Who wants to go first?" and Ginny raised her hands to go first, another pair of juniors also raised their hands to play as their opponents. The coach again said, "It will be a 21 points match, everyone take your positions we will start in 5 minutes, don't forget to warm up!" then he went to the court.

As soon as the coach went to the court my eyes turned towards Zion, he stood up and started to warm up for the match, now that I look at him he has quite a good physic, it's time for the match. Let's see how he plays.

The coach announced the game to start and I sat down near the court to watch the match instead of doing warm ups for my own match. The match was progressing quite well, none can say who's going to win. The pair of juniors were highly skilled and I kind of knew one of them, he goes by Rowan Brown AKA Ron, one of the popular junior in the school and a skilled badminton player as well. Ron and the other junior was playing evenly whereas Ginny on the other side seemed to be struggling a little bit but Zion was providing her support and balancing the match.

"Go for it Ginny!!" Rylee shouted, Ginny was in the same class as Rylee in the last semester so they knew each other quite well and with Rylee cheering Ginny scored an unexpected point and coach declared the points, "19-18" and the end of the match was near, we all held our breath to see who's going to win and just then, under the pressure, the other junior messed up the receive and again Ginny and Zion's team got a point. The coach again updated the points as, "Match point-18" and glared at Ron's team for messing up such an easy receive.

I bit my lips wondering who will get the point this time, secretly praying that Zion scores the last point, and then, Zion made a serve making the shuttle to fly across the net, Ron received the shuttle and it was in the air again, Zion sent the shuttle flying to the left corner of the court as it was undefended but the junior manages to defend it and lands a smash, however, Ginny who was waiting for her moment to handle the shuttle again defends the smash and makes it go across the net and Ron again returns the shuttle, the match is getting intense at this point, it's unusual to see such a great rally in practice matches, and I unknowingly started biting my nails this time and looked at Zion, he was ready to land a heavy blow, he ran towards the net made an unbelievably high jump, swung his arm and smashed the shuttle in the floor. The image of him jumping so high felt as if he was a "Bird".

"Did you say something?" Yale asked making me realise that I said that out loud and said no to him. But you know what? Now I know that this pretty guy named Zion is academically smart and also good at sports, ideal student for real I guess, must be single haha

"Darlene Sinclair!! Do you want to play the match or zone out there all day??" shouted the coach which made me flinch and I ran to the court with Yale, we warmed up and guess what, Rylee is our opponent lol

Rylee on the other side of the court was complaining to coach about how it's not fair that she has to compete against a state player and the coach completely ignored her, she was paired with another girl who is a year younger than us.

The match started and as always Yale and Rylee were showing no interest in the match due to which the match became one sided and I was able to win the match easily. This act of ignorance made the coach super mad, he told Rylee and Yale to run 20 laps around the school grounds and mop the court after practice.

I again sat down on the floor watching the next match, it is the reason I don't like joint practices, we have to sit a lot in joint practices because there are too many students, it can't be helped. It is a policy of our school to held joint practices in every sports club once a week, which I find unreasonable and a waste of time.

After resting for a while, the coach called for me again to play another match, as the match started he got a call from someone and asked another guy to oversee the match. I didn't mind others overseeing the match so I didn't pay any attention to who it was and began playing.