1

"I'm sorry, Phoebe. I hope you understand."

Melody watched as Garraka used Phoebe's body to free himself. Phoebe, the first person to not run in terror when they saw Melody, was being betrayed by the person she took a chance on. Phoebe will understand, right? I'm just tired of being alone.

Once the spell was said, the two minutes were up. However, Phoebe still appeared as a ghost in front of her. Phoebe stared down at her hands. "What's going on?" Melody asked, panic rising in her voice. "Why weren't you brought back?"

"I don't know," Phoebe stuttered. Phoebe had a realization. "The machines shutting off must've stopped the timer, thus preventing me from going back."

"It's okay," Melody said. "We can just reverse the process."

"It doesn't work like that," Phoebe argued. "This technology is still very new and experimental. We don't know how to put in reverse, and if that's even possible! I'm probably going to be stuck like this forever."

Phoebe was trying to keep herself calm. "Hey," Melody said. "Being a ghost isn't all bad. You get to skip all the crappy parts of life, like getting sick and doing taxes."

Phoebe's face contorted to one of rage. "How could you?" Phoebe screamed. "I trusted you, and you let some mad ancient ghost use my body?"

"It was the only way I'd be able not see my family again," Melody responded.

"Why didn't you tell me you were looking for ways to crossover?" Phoebe asked. "We could've tried to help you crossover!"

"I wasn't thinking," Melody cried. "I was so desperate."

"Well, there's one good thing about being a ghost," Phoebe said coldly. "I can disappear whenever I want."

"Phoebe," Melody cried out. Just like that, Phoebe was gone. However, Melody wasn't alone for long.

"What happened here?" a man named Ray asked. Melody was frozen in place, staring at the man and teen girl.

"Oh my gosh, Phoebe," the girl, Lucky, called out. She rushed over to Phoebe's side. Lucky, with eyes filled with anger and fear, looked over to Melody. "What did you did you make her do?" Lucky screamed.

"I didn't want it to be like this," Melody responded. Ray was checking over Phoebe.

"She's ice cold and doesn't have a pulse," Ray stated solemnly. "Where is her spirit?"

"I don't know," Melody said. "She was here and then she disappeared."

"I'm calling it," Ray sighed. He muttered under his breath, "I'm sorry, Egon."

"She's not," Melody started, but Ray interrupted.

"Lucky, go get a proton pack. We have a dangerous poltergeist who needs to be contained."

"Wait," Melody screamed. "You have it all wrong. Phoebe isn't dead."

"Well, she's certainly not alive," Lucky said, her voice cracking.

"There should be time to save her," Melody said. "She isn't dead-"

Lucky opened the proton pack, and Melody was sucked into the trap.