19

A long chapter awaits because we're getting halfway into the book.

-

Genya hummed as the feeling of soft hands caressed him. He closed his eyes, allowing the cold mask to seep into his already smooth face. The coolish sensation tickled his cheeks softly. Desperate chills were sent down his spine, and all Muichiro could do was look in awe as he reacted.

"Done," Muichiro declared, letting go of the mask he accomplished applying on Genya's face. "You can open your eyes now,"

Blinking his eyes open, a subtle smile came cross Genya's lips. The final look was complete. Instinctively, Genya looked into the mirror behind Muichiro. Sheet masks adorned the faces of them both, clear and pristine they were.

Muichiro sucked his teeth before pivoting to face Genya.

"We better get going before Yuichiro starts whatever he chooses to watch,"

Genya nodded his head in agreement, finally lacking words to say. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants before following Muichiro out the bathroom door as he opened it. The two walked patiently into the dark corridors leading into the living room. They could hear the blatant audio coming from the television clearer the closer they got.

Perhaps they wasted more time than was tolerant because as they entered the living room, they came to realize that a movie had since been displayed. Fortunately, the movie had only lasted five minutes in. There wasn't much they could've missed.

Grabbing his smoothie from the kitchen counter, Muichiro asked, "What movie is this?"

He exited the kitchen, following after Genya, who made his way into the living room.

"It's 'The Black Phone'," Yuichiro answered, adjusting his position on the couch. "I know you're scared, but you're not allowed to change it,"

Muichiro rolled his eyes. The things his brother did for the purpose of embarrassing him. It was often disappointing.

"I'm literally not, though?" He scoffed. "My favorite movie is 'IT'. You know that,"

Muichiro looked up at Genya as they sat down. Struggling, he attempted to read his emotions to no avail. With a sigh, Muichiro gently placed his smoothie cup atop the coffee table. It was only respectable he made sure his friend was content as well.

"What about you, Genya?" Muichiro asked.

"Hm?"

"Are you okay with this movie?"

Genya shrugged, leisurely resting his back against the couch. His elbows were propped atop the couch accordingly as he looked up to the ceiling. He was no wuss.

"It's whatever," He confirmed.

Yuichiro immediately held in his pent-up scoff. Genyas attempts at impressing his brother easily repulsed him. It was an embarrassing sight to behold.

As the silence resumed, and the three would come to somewhat enjoy the film in their presence, the night carried on. Eventually, the film would end, garnering maybe a scare or two out of the participants. The night was young and dark enough for the three to evacuate to their resting areas.

Genya would sleep in the same bed as Muichiro, only three feet apart. In fact, he dangled near the edge as his utmost goal was distance. There was no time more awkward than night. The two were soon to realize that as dark turned into light and the sleepover had officially come to an end.

Mr. Tokito would insist, but Genya proceeded to drop himself off anyway. It wasn't a long walk. Maybe only down the road. Or perhaps the porch right beside them. Nevertheless, the two were next-door neighbors, and the time would come that they hang out again.