26

It was that Friday.

The sun had only just begun to glimmer when Muichiro started getting ready. Birds chirped harmoniously in the distance, adding a cheerful soundtrack to the stress he consecutively faced. The dew-kissed grass glistened under the lingering sun, each summer droplet reflecting the promise of a new splendid culinary experience in the abode of someone in particular.

With a deep breath, Muichiro embraced a fresh wardrobe, feigning a sense of ease with a smile. Truth be told, Muichiro's mind grew numb as he anticipated the day's challenges up ahead.

His number one challenge was his occasional lack of clothes to wear.

Or at least, in his perspective, that often happened to be the case. Something Muichiro didn't quite yet understand was that his family was pretty well off. In fact, effortless settlement was a common occurrence, sketching a line from east to west in his petite greenish town. These were facts Muichiro simply never thought to consider as stress was all the more prominent in his limited storage of life. So, in a sense, Muichiro felt as though he had no clothes.

It didn't take long for the boy to grumble, maybe mumble, and somewhat stumble as he came face to face with colors he'd never come to think could be adorned on him. The hassle Muichiro faced amidst the portable closet had become all the more significant in comparison to other priorities. Some of which Muichiro would still have to approach throughout the day. He just wouldn't know it yet.

"Damn," Yuichiro scoffed as he entered Muichiro's messy room. "You good?"

"Somewhat," Muichiro breathed as he slammed his wardrobe shut.

"It doesn't look like it,"

Muichiro would refuse to argue, for that statement was rather true. After all, the mess Muichiro had enveloped himself in was displayed for the whole world to perceive. From ceiling to tiles, Muichiro's atmosphere was adorned with fabrics of polyster, linen, cotton, denim, and more. It was a tragedy. One Muichiro wasn't willing to confront.

To nobodies surprise at all, it didn't take long for Yuichiro to realize what all the haste was about. Muichiro evidently had places to be. This sudden notice kept Yuichiro intrigued. Yuichiro leisurely crossed his arms as he gently leaned against the doorframe of Muichiro's bedroom.

Cocking an eyebrow up with a look of pert on his face he asked, "Wanna tell me where you're going?"

What Yuichiro didn't realize was that a drawl wasn't necessary from Muichiro. Muichiro hid no secret from anyone but his father at times.

"On a date,"

"With?" Yuichiro asked, his cheeks growing red on his brother's behalf.

Muichiro sighed, unsure if this was the right thing to admit.

"Genya,"

Yuichiro pretty much assumed that was the case. However, he refused to mention it. He'd dwell in the fact it was obvious.

"Daddy's not gonna like that,"

"I know...,"

Hold on. That didn't make any sense.

Muichiro paused, looking up at his brother with scrunched eyebrows. For a second, he almost let that sentence slide on past him.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Muichiro asked with concern. "He wouldn't have a problem. He likes Genya,"

Shaking his head, Yuichiro fully scooched inside his twin brothers room. Gently, Yuichiro pressed his back against the bedroom door. It gradually shut behind him as he perceived the metal click.

"Good," Yuichiro declared. "Now, we're out of ears reach,"

"So...," Muichiro drawled, tilting his head to the side.

"Oh right," Yuichiro chimed. "I was just gonna say the very concept of his children dating anyone simply doesn't sit right with him. Remember how long it took for him to finally accept Tanjiro whenever that was a thing?"

What an embarrassing Era. Muichiro had to physically face palm as he dwelled on those uncanny moments he was inevitably forced to think about. There were just so many things his dementia happened to keep up with, but his so-called fling with Tanjiro just wasn't one of them. Unfortunately for Muichiro, he'd recollect those moments for the remainder of his cherished life.

"Just don't let daddy know, okay?" Muichiro desperately pleaded, clasping his hands up to his chest in prayer. "I already accepted, and I'd look like a jerk to cancel,"

"I guess if you let me play dress up," Yuichiro dealed with the most potentially monotone voice you wouldn't even believe it was him who said something so childish.

Muichiro shrugged, watching as his older brother began to dig with intent into his wardrobe. It was clear as day Yuichiro was willing to complete the mission he otherwise gave himself. If Muichiro was going to look good to his date, Yuichiro wanted to be the definite reason why.

"Easy," Yuichiro boasted, throwing a hastily prepared outfit onto Muichiro's bed.

"Lemme see,"

It didn't take long for Muichiro to fully analyze the colors and materials represented in his presence. After all, it was only a three piece outfit paired with some shoes.

"It looks cute,"

Momentarily, Muichiro wore on the outfit. He looked to his toes, imagining his potential steps as he walked. The air around him ceased as he approached the center of his full-body mirror. Briefly, Muichiro flinched as the sun from his window reflected onto the mirror, slightly pinching him in the face. Yet, such pain was only ignored as Muichiro took the time to adore himself in the mirror.

There was something just so simplistic about the outfit, yet meaningful in a way. Yuichiro stood by the side, watching as Muichiro took it all in. His work here was done.

It was nothing much, but it suited such weather and harbored advantages. On Muichiro's torso adorned a white, off-shoulder sweater. If Muichiro's assumptions were right, the revealed shoulder might've scored him some points in regards to Genya. On his legs adorned some denim shorts, ripped right at the edges. It was cozy in some places, with rougher textures in others. Muichiro never failed to love it.

"Thank you," Muichiro appreciated as he faced his older brother.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be taking my leave now," Yuichiro hesitated at the door. "And my money,"

"Get out,"

Yuichiro stifled a laugh as he promptly left the bedroom upon Muichiro's orders. It was about time he left the nervous boy to his own hollow thoughts.

Promptly, Muichiro grabbed a pair of shoes from his wardrobe, unaccepting of the ones Yuichiro recommended. There was no doubt in his mind that the shoes he'd selected would fit the outfit. Without a second thought, Muichiro wore the shoes and tied his laces accordingly.

As Muichiro finally concluded his stay, he took one last final look in the mirror and smiled. It was going to be a wonderful day.

 It was going to be a wonderful day