𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊

Disclaimer - This chapter contains topics that you would find disturbing. It mentions child abuse, rape, paedophilia and child trafficking. If you do not want to read, please skip to the next chapter.

I've never given much thought to what would happen once I died — where I would end up or who would greet me on the other side

I've never given much thought to what would happen once I died — where I would end up or who would greet me on the other side. It wasn't like I had a family to care for me, I had been abandoned at an orphanage when I was only a day old and although I tried everything to track down my parents, it always led to dead ends. I was a troubled kid, that much I could admit but it wasn't as though I had much parental guidance to put me on the right path and so I had spent most of my childhood and teenage years stealing, fighting and simply living a life full of crime. That was until I met him...

Joshua Deliso, a forty-year-old man dressed in a high-class suit with an aura that screamed danger. Of course, I was weary of him at first and after running away and avoiding him the best I could, he had always managed to find me time and time again. It wasn't until I was sixteen that I decided to listen to what he had to say, which was by far the best decision I had ever made. Joshua was a leader, the boss of a special organisation that hired and trained assassins. He offered me the life I had always wanted, a roof over my head, food on the table and a family that loved and cared for me as much as they could.

After a lot of training and determination, I rose to the top of the ranks and became the best assassin in England. My kill count reached just over four hundred by my eighteenth birthday and was proud to say that my family and I had made the streets a better place once we took out the vilest of criminals.

It was a few months after my birthday that I was hired by a woman who had found proof of her husband's horrible misdeeds. According to her, he had been going around groping and raping the children in their large extended family. I hated people who hurt children and it was those types of missions that I was eager to take on simply so I could watch as the life drained from the vile human's eyes.

After looking through all the evidence, I debriefed Joshua on my plan and after receiving the go-ahead, I packed up my weapons which included a couple of handguns and blades before jumping onto my motorbike and speeding to the destination. I wasn't all too surprised to come across a street with luxurious houses but with a calm and humble feel to it. Children were enjoying the rare hot weather and it made my body tense as I thought about these children perhaps being the man's next victims if I hadn't been hired to end his sad excuse of existence.

Getting inside the home was easy, especially as the woman who hired me had left the window on the top floor open. Thankfully, with my skills and training, I had the perfect balance and was extremely good at parkour. The house was eerily quiet, not one sound from the man whom I was told would be inside since he decided to work from home for the week. I stealthily made my way through the beige-coloured hallway, my gun in my right hand with a knife in the other. I silently peaked into each room which was surprisingly all open, and sighed quietly in impatience at the emptiness of them.