chapter 2:Once saved always saved?

You often hear in churches, say this little prayer, and you'll be saved. Many churches do not teach proper doctrine instead, teach their own interpretation of doctrine. If we take a good look at some of my personal experiences and where people are today, and we compare it with scripture, you'll see that some people were never saved, and ultimately they need to repent. One true sign someone is saved is persecution. It's a guarantee in the Bible. Let's take a look at the scripture below.

(Acts 14:22) "... exhorting the disciples to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
(1 Peter 2:20-21) "What glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? But if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. Hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps."
(2 Timothy 3:12) "All who will live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

As you read the scriptures, you will come to understand these are promises. Because of these promises, we as Christians will often face rejection, hatred and more. It is crucial to understand that they do not hate us specifically but Christ inside of us because they hated Jesus Christ first.

I have been to many churches to understand and know this once saved, always saved prayer. That you're saved no matter what you do, but the apostle Paul makes it perfectly clear that we are not to continue in sin. Romans 6:1-2, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Just with the scriptures I have provided, show you that we cannot live any way we want. We will face persecution and oftentimes if you look at the demeanor of the first church in the Book of Acts, you will see they acted in righteousness and holiness. Casting out demons, healing the sick, and raising the dead.

Some Christians say God knows my heart or only God can judge me. The truth of the matter is that one day He will and people who use this phrase forget that. That should be a scary thought. The Book of Jeremiah says, "the heart is wicked above all things, who can know it but the Lord." The world often gives you advice and tells us to trust your heart. But how can we trust our heart when it's wicked according to the Book of Jeremiah. Furthermore, the Book of Proverbs tells us not to rely on our understanding but to trust in the Lord with all of thine heart.

Jesus said you'll know my people by the fruit they bear. You will know God's people by how they act, how they talk, and how they treat others. There will be visible change in their words, speech and actions. Oftentimes, we as Christians can get caught up in day-to-day activities. We grew up with certain people that we don't really ever want to let go, and so we make excuses for their behavior. Now, it may be hard to cut these people off, but just because someone calls himself a Christian doesn't mean anything. Even the Devil believes in God, according to the Book of James. It also states, "faith without works is dead faith."

Below you will see a detailed explanation of exposing the once saved, always saved doctrine with scripture. The doctrine of "Once Saved, Always Saved," also known as, "Eternal Security," is a widely debated theological concept within Christianity. It asserts that once a person genuinely accepts Jesus Christ as their savior, they can never lose their salvation, regardless of any subsequent sin or disbelief. This doctrine is primarily based on interpretations of certain biblical passages and has been a source of controversy and debate among theologians for centuries.

Historical Background

The roots of the "Once Saved, Always Saved" doctrine can be traced back to the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century. During this time, various theologians, such as Martin Luther and John Calvin, emphasized the idea of salvation by grace through faith alone. This emphasis led to the development of the doctrine of "perseverance of the saints," which is closely related to the concept of "Once Saved, Always Saved."