six.

THE SWIFT RESIDENCE
155 FRANKLIN STREET, NEW YORK

Halloween was rapidly approaching the lively town of New York City, and both Taylor and Emma had surrendered to the hype. The lavish Franklin Street apartment was dressed in dim lighting with the unmistakable essence of pumpkin guts lingering through the eloquently decorated kitchen and connected rooms. It would take days for the stench to fully dissipate, but while it settled over furniture and appliances, Emma and Taylor allowed themselves to thrive beneath it like children.

The women had spent the late morning and even earlier afternoon accomplishing the menial tasks that Taylor had allowed to slip away from her priorities during the height of her initial breakdown. Emma had announced her presence at the apartment just after ten in the morning, having been let up by Greg who didn't even question her unannounced presence like he would've had it been anyone else. A cheeky smile had been sewn onto her lips as she extended a take-out bag of comfort food sheepishly when Taylor opened the door, choppy blonde locks pulled away from her face, still dressed in silk pajamas. The sunlight had casted a glow across the actresses soft features, creating the illusion of a halo against her honey gold hair as she stood in the hallway, rambling apologetically about how she couldn't wait until noon — the time they'd initially made plans for. Taylor had laughed gently, and instead of verbally responding to the word vomit that fell off of Emma's lips, pulled her into a tight embrace that effectively shut the younger woman up, uncaring about the state of her appearance nor how the actress had interrupted the sleep she'd been so desperately attempting to catch up on after a hectic three days in LA.

Emma had seen to dressing the kitchen island with the slightly excessive spread of buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs, mixed fruit, and chocolate croissants while Taylor showered, scrubbing any traces of lingering exhaustion from her face and body before she joined the actress again, still dressed in pajamas but ones that were more acceptable for the day they had planned. Emma had giggled when Taylor slipped into the kitchen on sock covered feet, a pullover sweatshirt the color of damp wood drowning her torso with plaid shorts a few hues lighter tied tightly around her hips. That hadn't been the amusing part of the musicians appearance, rather the embroidered font across the chest of the sweatshirt that read, 'Can't Talk, Sleepy. Most Days I Wish I Was A Cat'.

Emma's own outfit was perfectly curated to encapsulate the eerie vibes of Halloweens Eve. Her plaid pajama pants were an undeniable agent in establishing the spooky fall vibes of the day, a deep burnt orange shade and three sizes too big for her petite frame as they pooled around her feet, yet somehow they complimented the gray t-shirt on her torso with a horrible still frame of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore with the screen printed text 'Gilmore Girls' beneath it perfectly. She looked cozy, ready to spend the day lounging around Taylor's apartment engaging in traditional activities that hadn't made the top of her roster in years.

They'd eaten breakfast over stories of their recent days spent apart, where Emma informed Taylor of her recent dispute with Margot over scheduling, and Taylor admitted that her upcoming album had a clear direction in mind, but no specific muse just yet, which made the writing process tedious and virtually impossible. The musician knew that she wanted to encapsulate her fury within the tracks, yet all she'd come up with was a general sound to follow, the accompanying lyrics entirely escaping her brain like she hadn't spent the last decade and a half dreaming of them subconsciously. They'd cleared plates and sent the remaining food down to Taylor's security and the receptionist at the front desk, moving beyond breakfast to catch up on forgotten chores.

By an hour after noon, all staple groceries had been ordered and set to be dropped off by three o'clock, including two large pumpkins and two mini ones, laundry had been caught up on, and Emma had meticulously dusted the baseboards in every room of the apartment despite Taylor attempting to distract her. When it was all completed and the groceries had been put into their respective places, they'd fallen into the musicians bed and spent hours watching movies from their childhood, allowing the outside world to melt away into a problem for the next day.