Chapter 50 - The Calling Of The Stage

*PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE READ THE DESCRIPTION THOROUGHLY. THE STATEMENTS UNDER THE DISCLAIMER AND WARNING HOLD GOOD FOR THE ENTIRE STORY. IF ANY PART MAKES YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, PLEASE SKIP IT. IF THE FEELING PERSISTS, PLEASE STOP READING THIS STORY. I THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.*

It was all so surreal.

I still felt like it was all happening to another person and I was just in their body.

As I waited with the others backstage, wearing a mask and standing at the back, we all clapped as Guardians arrived, ready for the rehearsal.

It would be the first time the back dancers and Guardians would be rehearsing together on stage. They had already done one run-through at the studio but I wasn't allowed to be a part of that.

Smaller space, easier to notice me. The Guardians were not supposed to know that I was in their dancing crew. But it would be harder to notice now on the stage. Plus I was wearing a baggy tee and pants that easily blended in with the rest of the crew, who were also wearing almost the same colours.

Guardians did some warm-ups for a while and once they got ready we all took positions. The back dancers would be opening the concert, which is why it was even more imperative that I shouldn't be in the same studio as them. But here on the stage, I wouldn't be standing out.

As the beat started we all began dancing and ducked as Jisung began the song. I couldn't take my eyes off him as he danced and twisted his body to the beat before Taeseung took the stage and sung his lines. His raw power came on and he flexed on stage till Hyunjoon came and began rapping.

It took everything in me to keep dancing and not stop and stare at them with my jaw on the floor. How could they be so cool even from the back! And hearing them sing and rap from so close! I had only heard Jisung sing in front of me once, and Jungdae hums at home from time to time...

But mostly I've only heard them on LIVEs or on my phone or through some device. This was the first time I was hearing their live vocals and I realised my devices and even the best speakers in the world could not do justice to their true quality.

They were just on another level.

I watched as Jisung came back and sang his part that alternated with Jungdae and Moonjin. The three of them beautifully executed their steps as we complemented theirs.

And then on to the chorus.

Maybe it was because I was with them. Maybe it was because I was a Cheonsa. Or maybe it was because there was pure magic in their voices.

But I felt a surge of energy overtake me as they went 'Ey-Yo' and I felt myself exert my full power during those steps. I lost myself to the beats, giving it my all as I danced till the end of the chorus. And then Hwanho stepped forward and began his rap.

Hwanho's style was truly unique and his dance and rap together was just so complementary it was out of this world. His voice, his flow, and his moves all seemed to meld into one component giving the song the effect it needed to bring out its meaning - We're not afraid of the pain, even if it is hard, we'll keep going, we chose this, bring the pain on.

And continuing from his style and morphing it into his own, Youngmin began rapping with his powerful eyes and lips that kept going to one side as he rapped. He had an amazing rap style too, interspersing it with his breaths and hard hitting lyrics that made a beat themselves. Truly each of them were so gifted that Guardians was one power-packed band.

The chorus came again and this time I noticed the other dancers too had a rise in stamina during the chorus part. It was just something that resonated with everyone. The lyrics, the music, the passion of Guardians, and of course the amazing choreo.