chapter two

- sleepy_goyangi -

- sleepy_goyangi -

The echoes of thunder reverberated through the air, accompanied by the heavy patter of rain against the windowpane. A young girl laid upon her bed, her mind adrift in a sea of contemplation.

Suddenly, the tranquility was shattered by the unmistakable sound of breaking glass emanating from the adjacent room. Her thoughts halted abruptly as she questioned the noise, "What was that?"

With cautious steps, she rose from her bed, each footfall tentative as she made her way towards the door leading to the source of the commotion. She felt a ripple of apprehension coursing through her veins as she reached for the doorknob, with trembling fingers, her heart pounding in her chest.

As the door slowly swung open, her breath hitched in her throat. Amidst the shards of glass strewn across the floor, she beheld her mother indulging in alcohol as blood trickled down the woman's arm. Jade gasped.

As Jade took in the scene before her, a wave of conflicting emotions crashed over her. She knew all too well the erratic nature of her mother's behavior, the highs and lows that characterized her bipolar disorder.

With a mixture of concern and frustration, Jade stepped forward cautiously, her mind racing with thoughts of how to handle the situation delicately.

"Mom?" Jade's voice trembled in the silence, receiving no response. She edged closer, her heart heavy with concern. "Mom, I'm here to help. Please, let me have the bottle." With a gentle gesture, Jade extended her hand, silently pleading for her mother to give her the bottle.

As Jade observed her mother's trembling form, a sinking realization gripped her: getting closer had been a mistake. Any sudden movements now could mean risking her own life.

As Jade thought of her next move, her mother abruptly rose to her feet, wielding the glass bottle like a weapon aimed directly at Jade's skull. "You have to die. Why are you here?" her mother's voice pierced the air with chilling intensity.

Reacting swiftly, Jade dodged the incoming bottle. The bottle collided with the wall shattering into a shower of deadly shards. As the room filled with the sound of splintering glass, Jade's heart pounded in her chest, her mind racing for a way to escape her mother's manic episode.

Having learned self-defense techniques from her father, Jade successfully suspended her mother and secured her to the chair. "I'm sorry, Mom, but this is for your own safety," Jade remarked as she cleared away the broken glass to prevent any accidents.

Retrieving the first aid kit from the other room, Jade returned to find her mother had freed herself and was holding a shard of glass. "Please, Mom, put that down," Jade urged. "I'm here to help. Look, I brought the first aid kit."

Approaching her mother cautiously, Jade spoke softly, "Mom, it's okay. I'm not going to harm you. I'm your daughter." Her mother's response was chilling. "Why are you still alive? I killed my daughter years ago," she uttered.