Final Take-13: Epilogues & Prologues

Having a seven-person crew is just as chaotic as ten. Some are just as annoying, others create a dull ache in the heart. That ache reminds me to keep it real.

"It's so fucking cold. Why are we shooting another bloody winter movie?" I grumble. This is keeping it real as we grab our last bags from the jeep.

"Because this place was booked out in the spring."
"Ironic, old ski resort, empty in winter." I roll my eyes. "It's gorgeous though."
"It's beautiful." She shouts and we can hear it echo through the range.
"Woah there, let's not cause an avalanche." I give her a pointed stare. "We got at least one day in the last shoot before things started trying to kill us."

"Ha, ha, ha." She huffed. "You're so funny."
"I know. I should really be doing standup or writing people's lighthearted epilogues."
"You're weird." Enid nudges my shoulder. "You going to make a move on Casper whilst we're out here?" She waggles her eyebrows at me.
"Maybe." I shrug. "What about you and Bennet?"
"Ah, yeah, so about that..."
"What?" I shout a little too loud. "Don't tell me-."

"Are you guys coming in?" Bennet pokes his head out the door.
"Yeah, two moments." Enid gives him the thumbs up. "I'll tell you later." She whispers to me.
She starts up the stone steps to the lodge, but I catch the look on her face before she can hide it from me.

"Hey, Enid?"
"Yeah?" She looks down at me.

"Do you have a strange feeling that something's going to go wrong on this trip?" I ask, more so from my own gut feeling than the expression of worry saturating her face.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't." She flashes a weary smile before continuing her climb up the steps. I skip a few to catch up, but end up trailing behind.

"Well, at least we know the key to never being scared of anything."

"I'm pretty sure I had that down pat, anyway," Enid argues.
"Just because Tarek didn't know your fears doesn't mean you don't have them," I argue. He had made that reasoning clear at some point. He'd never realized losing him and I was her only fear, at the time.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, hit me with it. What's the key to never being scared of anything?" She complains.

"Horror is in the eye of the beholder." I wink at her because there's nothing else I can do about the impending doom hanging over our heads.

"So, Bleakwood Cabin, we're here to stay. Throw us your best curveball because anything you behold as horror, we'll probably eye it differently."

"Kip Cooper, You're a goof."

~And that's a wrap (End of Psycho Killer)