Chapter 11: Face Masks And A Broken Limb

Alexia Riddle

"Victory sure does feel good."

Enzo punched the air as we walked into the common room after our win against Ravenclaw. I was smiling too.

"You just won against uncoordinated Ravenclaws. Get you head out of the clouds." Pansy sneered at him.

"Whatever you say Parkinson. Bottom line is, we won." Matt said as Enzo raised his hands in surrender. I chuckled lightly.

"I have to say, catching the snitch when it was just a foot away from Chang...." I whistled.

"She looked so embarrassed and her face was so twisted, it looked like she was going to hurl." Blaise added.

"She seems like a sore loser." Theo pointed out.

"She does." Draco laughed probably remembering her face.

"Where's Tom?" Matt asked no one in particular.

"I heard he was planning with the Twins to turn Filch's cat blue." Blaise said as a playful smirk took over his face.

"How...?" Matt's eyebrows knotted and he looked at me appalled.
"Don't ask." I raised my palm at him to stop any questions.

**********************

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

Enzo bellowed at Draco. Crabbe, Goyle and Flint were sitting there too but Enzo's rebuke was mainly directed towards Draco. I had never seen Enzo so mad. Forget mad, he had never even raised his voice a decibal, even while making his sarcastic comments. Not even when the boys put shaving cream in his shoes.

"I just wanted to scare Potter. He got a Firebolt and we just wanted to..." He looked at his fellow criminals for help but none even spared a glance at him. We all sat silently in one corner partly out of fear of Enzo and partly out of curiosity as we had never seen Draco scared of anybody.

"You should be glad, you're not on the team right now because had you been, I would have gotten you kicked off." Enzo shaked his head in disapproval.

"I'm so disappointed in you, Draco Lucius Malfoy. I am writing to aunty Cissy." Enzo said before walking away to his room.

"I'm sorry Enzo. No not mum..." Draco ran after him.

After he had, we all burst into laughter at what just happened. Tears sprung to my eyes and I clutched my stomach because I was laughing too hard.

"Best! Day! Ever!" Pansy rejoiced with both her hands in the air.

**********************

"I'm telling you, Lexi. Roger has something going on for Chang." Pansy whispered to me as we walked down the aisle of the muggle sections books of the library.

"How can you possibly know that?" I asked her picking out 'Prisoner of my Desire' off the shelves and running my hand down it's spine.

"I just know. I saw how he looked at her with absolut- Oh." Pansy stopped suddenly as we reached the end and saw Hermione sitting on the ground, her bushy head buried in one of her books. She was almost dozing off.

I felt pity for her. Everytime, I saw her, she always had her face in one of her books. And not the kind of books, you would want your face in. Textbooks. Harry and Ron weren't talking to her too for Merlin knows what reason. I thought they were her best friends. Guess not.