Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Alanna stood in front of her body length mirror gazing at the fourth and final outfit, trying to pair it with her sandy blonde hair. "Finally!" she said glad to have picked something to wear. She then applied one last swipe of her new Bare Minerals shimmering lipgloss before turing to acknowledge Leighton.

Leighton was laying across the bed beside her twirling her dark waves, nervous for what the night might hold. "What if he doesnt like me Alanna!? Or maybe he has a girlfriend back at college? With how we left things that night, I wouldn't blame him for finding someone else."

Alanna just looked at her and rolled her eyes, "Dude, I have the same exact issue that you do! What if Zeke has another girl? Its been a whole year! All those girls at the Univertisy of Oregon must be throwing themselves at him."

Leighton sat there and shrugged her shoulders as an worried look spread across her face. "I guess well just have to go find out for ourselves" With that, she was headed out the bedroom door.

* * * * * *

Knocking on the door of the old grey beach cottage, Alanna began to feel her nerves set in. She was so scared of what might happen with her and Zeke tonight. In the middle of her thought, Camden swung the door open and Leighton ran past her and into his arms. He picked her up, swung her around and kissed her. All Alanna could hope was that things with her and Zeke would be the same. She snuck in beside them and climbed the worn wooden stairs to the second floor where she could hear the TV talking about some football game that was on. Once at the top she slowly made her way over toward the plush leather couch where she noticed someone sitting, it could only have been Zeke. His hair seemed much shorter than last summer but there was no way she could let that get in the way of how much she still liked him. She began to get goose bumps and a nervous shiver; she had no idea what she was going to say to him. Did she dare bring up a relationship? She took a few steps toward him and he turned around and caught her gaze.

"Hey Alanna." He began as a smile swept across his face

He slowly stood up and faced her, his prefect smile distracting her. She couldn't get words out, she just stood there staring at him. All she could think about was him, her and the beach. Staring into his bright blue eyes she just melted.

"H-hi Zeke," she finally let out.

He opened his arms waiting for her to come closer for a hug. She hesitated but relaxed and walked into his embrace. He held onto her for an eternity, and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. Then he brushed his lips across her ear and began to whisper.

"I've missed you so much Alanna, you're all I can think about since we met last summer."

She pulled away and looked up at him a big smile on her face, "To be honest, I never though I'd see you again. You made that the best summer I have ever had. I never wanted it to end."

He laughed and then replied "I didn't think I would ever see you again either. When Camden came inside earlier and said he had just got done talking to Leighton, I didnt believe him. Like what are the odds that I would have found you?"

"I'm glad you did find me," Alanna said giggling."because I've missed you."

Catching her off guard he pulled her back into him and kissed her. She gave in and kissed him back, it was just like she had remembered. Before she could stop herself she had her arms around his neck and found herself pressed so close to him. When he finally pulled away he just stood there and looked down at her in his arms.

"I bet your girlfriend loves your kisses." whispered Alanna as her hands flew up to cover her mouth shocked by what she had just said.

He looked at her, a slight frown on his face. "What on earth would make you think that I have a girlfriend?"

She thought for a moment and then began, "Well it's been a year, and you have been away at college. There must be hundreds of girls wanting you. Plus its not like we were planning on seeing eachother."

He smiled, "I understand that, but you see me now. That's all that matters my Alanna, I have you now"

A big smile crept across her face and he leaned in close and kissed her again.